Are you a sociopath.....

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

I know some people in the industry that are clearly psychopaths by any definition.
burdo77

Psychopaths and sociopaths are actually different, see this article. http://www.newhealthguide.org/Differenc ... opath.html

I would image that the most successful traders would have a high level of emotional intelligence, which a psychopath or sociopath unlikely to have. I think there Is not enough emphasis in some traders books in regards to knowing your own personality before you even consider trading.

However, I think that guys like jolly green have the whole psychology thing worked out.
solmon

I would image that the most successful traders would have a high level of emotional intelligence, which a psychopath or sociopath unlikely to have. I think there Is not enough emphasis in some traders books in regards to knowing your own personality before you even consider trading.

However, I think that guys like jolly green have the whole psychology thing worked out.[/quote]

It’s important to keep in mind that mental disorders arise for a number of reasons. Sociopathy, while severely the less understood of the two disorders, can be congenital or acquired. Psychopathy, meanwhile, is generally considered a confluence of genetic and chemical imbalances. Psychopaths lack the proper neurological frameworks to develop a sense of ethics and morality. Sociopaths interact with their social worlds in a meaningful way, but their moral compasses needed a massive tune-up yesterday.
BobHigt

I don't consider myself a sociopath

Return to “Trading Psychology”