automation help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Java Shrine

Hi I'm running a rule that backs certain horses in running then cancels the bet if unmatched, that's all fine. However the conditions I put in keep getting overridden, for instance I have a condition saying 'don't trigger unless matched bets on the selection total less than 5' , this seems to get ignored and the rule keeps triggering and backing the horse regardless. Obviously this is expensive when the horse loses, can anyone tell me where I might be going wrong? its an inplay condition and I'm using guardian nominated selections.
phildavies21

are you nominating a particular runner or say the fave in which case the selection may change depending on what goes on in running in-play
Java Shrine

Hi Phil

I’m using the nominated selection number 1 then nominating my selection in the table, the rule works fine and backs my chosen selection, but it overrides the condition I set to not trigger once there are already five matched bets on that selection and keeps backing it anyway. It’s pretty frustrating as obviously it just goes on backing at 1.01 even when the horse has clearly lost.

Michael
ShaunWhite

Without seeing the .baf it's hard to comment but:
Are you running this at a high frequency? It could be that the bets you are placing aren't matched when it triggers again. You are checking #matched bets <6, checking #unmatched bets would be a good idea too.
You could also make sure the rule only fires a maximum of 5 times ?
Java Shrine

Hi thanks yes a high frequency, I’m placing fill or kill orders every second though and I got matched 31 times in one event so I don’t think that’s it, I want it to fire a lot because I want to make sure the five bets get matched, and I’m trying to hit a bigger price than I’m aiming for so don’t want the bets sat around waiting to be gobbled up. Its odd because it seems to have worked sometimes and not others
phildavies21

id check the re-arm time on the place bet was a tad longer than the fill or kill time length. Sometimes the kill can fire and the bet in the meantime gets matched. Bet Angel would see that the bets been killed but in theory it had actually been filled so Bet Angel would then fire another bet.
phildavies21

Isnt there a 5 sec delay in in-play betting? There fore your firing bets into the market every second. thats 5 bets fired and the 1st just reaches the market. By the time the 5th has actually gone in if we assume that all 5 bets are matched instanlty you've still got another 4 waiting to go into the market and the bots done nothing wrong as when it fired those bets it was infact following your criteria.
Bullits

Hi All,

I am new here and was wanting to get a little help with being able to use a spreadsheet to automate betting

i really wanted to he able to sort and place bets by horse name using the spreadsheet

Would appreciate any help here

Cheers

Thank you

Bullits

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”