Horse racing Lay Favourite Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
captainbiscuit

Would the following be possible. Any help appreciated

Say to arm 5 mins before the off.

1. Lay the favourite if odds more than 1.5 but less than 2.

ONLY IF
The price of the second favourite is less than 6 and the price of the third favourite is less than 10.

Many thanks

Mark
jimibt

Sure Captain - try this. Very ultra simple but would serve as a starting point

cheers
jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
captainbiscuit

Cheers Jim. Much appreciated
jimibt

captainbiscuit wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm
Cheers Jim. Much appreciated
no problem. hilariously, it triggered on the 1st race on Lady Noorah, who then went on to lose -so works so far -lol
captainbiscuit

It's called the little acorn trading method. Is there anyway of automating a progressive staking plan so 1 1 2 4 etc.. so betangel will auto increase the stakes after 2 losing bets.?
jimibt

captain - you'll get many others chipping in with the same, but do not chase losses by using martingale staking, it'll just spiral out of proportion. far better to study the scenario on the losers and adopt a stop loss stategy. money management will keep you in the game far longer than martingale staking. the other thing to consider is that such a strategy will have been widely used and will thus probably need an additional edge to make it yield profits where others are failing. best to study the the intrplay on your criteria carefully (odds difference between runners, field size etc) and find some obscure edge case that you know is totally your take on things...
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm
martingale staking
I think we both need to put a quid in the swear jar. ;)
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm
jimibt wrote:
martingale staking
if only i hadn't used martingale, i'd have been able to ping that £1 straight in, right now !! :D
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
jimibt wrote:
martingale staking
if only i hadn't used martingale, i'd have been able to ping that £1 straight in, right now !! :D
That's OK, you can put £3 in next time.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

That's OK, you can put £3 in next time.
and if i miss that, maybe £6 the time after
captainbiscuit

It's not matingale it's fibonacci. There are a few other factors also that have to be met so not just as straightforward as meeting the required odds parameters of the top3. I have a further factor that i added myself.

I'll just say I'm in a healthy profit after nearly 4 months on little acorns but I'd imagine you have all heard that before.

Thank you for all the help and advice.
jimibt

captainbiscuit wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm
It's not matingale it's fibonacci. There are a few other factors also that have to be met so not just as straightforward as meeting the required odds parameters of the top3. I have a further factor that i added myself.

I'll just say I'm in a healthy profit after nearly 4 months on little acorns but I'd imagine you have all heard that before.

captain - i apologise. the banter was related to martingale staking, not to your little acorn strategy. i do wish you luck with your approach and i certainly know from experience that success comes in many forms.

feel free to come back if the rule from yesterday needs further tweaking - as i said, i THINK that money management would be a better option than a staking strategy. just my opinion ;)
jteague1

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:31 pm
Sure Captain - try this. Very ultra simple but would serve as a starting point

cheers

Hi im new to this from today, this is exactly what im trying to do but i can seem to open the folder.

any ideas?

Thanks
wearthefoxhat

captainbiscuit wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm

One Lay staking plan I'd consider is the (Lay Square Root) - Reviewed daily.

Using the .baf in this thread, set up all the races for a set lay stake liability for the day. (ie: Max 1% of the whole bank per selection).
End of the day, review profit/loss.
If a Loss, next day, set up as previously.

If a Profit, enter the running profit into a calculator and press square root. (Example + £125 for the day)

EG1SR.png
EGSR2.png

Adjust the .baf stakes liability to lay an extra 11.18 to the original liability stake. (was initially 1% of the bankroll)

This way, the stakes are only increasing from a positive standpoint, with running profits only, being re-invested/compounded. The other staking plans in the original little acorns .pdf (fibonacci, losses carried forward to next bet, daily fibonacci) are all potential bank busters long term.

Also, in my view, the (BF) filter can be bypassed when using Irish racing... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”