help please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
formratings

hi guys can anyone help please with my first go at a automation. :? :? :oops: :oops:
as you will see its a pretty simple attempt but not working quite how I want it.
I want to put a back bet in on guardian nomination 1 or and 2 and lay them back at around 30 ticks less to green up.
I want to take SP on both back bets and maybe I have got it wrong but I thought you have to put in a bigger price eg 12.0 to make sure it won't get matched and then take the SP at the off
1 problem I can see is that when the bet is requested at 12.00 it puts the lay bet in at the same time
I want to know how to put the lay bet in only after the back bets have been matched
and then green up all runners for a set amount or % of stake.
thanks for your help guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Not had a chance to check your actual file but just a few pointers from what you have said,

You will need to use the fill/kill option if you only want the offset placing after your opening bet is filled
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817

However, if you're wanting to take SP with your opening bet then the offset option cant be used - instead you will need to add a 2nd rule to place a lay bet.
You can arm this a few seconds after the race has gone in-play an instruct it to be placed X ticks or % below the actual SP on the parameters tab
formratings

sorry I forgot the base stake for each back bet is say 50p but I want the stake to be % relevant to the % movement on the prices in the last 2 mins prior to the off, up or down for guardian 1 or guardian 2 selection
Dallas

formratings wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:08 pm
sorry I forgot the base stake for each back bet is say 50p but I want the stake to be % relevant to the % movement on the prices in the last 2 mins prior to the off, up or down for guardian 1 or guardian 2 selection
The min stake for an SP bet is £2
formratings

thanks for your reply
silly question but does it matter what order you have the rules in
formratings

ok £3 is fine is there a way to ratchet it up and down as per movement on selections from 2 mins prior to the off
Dallas

formratings wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 pm
ok £3 is fine is there a way to ratchet it up and down as per movement on selections from 2 mins prior to the off
If you mean increase/decrease the actual stake used at the end depending on the number of ticks or % a price has moved then yes it is possible but not so straightforward to set up.
Off the top of my head it would it would require several rules depending on how precise you want it with each needing to use stored values and possibly signals to track the odds movement
formratings

maybe too hard for a newbie like me, I am already struggling with what I have done so far which I am sure to you guys would seem like child's play. I was thinking it may use historical in some way.
Is there a sample bot that may do most of what I need I have looked and there is so many,
mine is backing but not getting the lays matched
I did the amendment you suggested with the off set bets, get placed and the lay seems to be offered but not taken even though I have lowered the off set ticks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

formratings wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:42 pm

mine is backing but not getting the lays matched

You'll come to realise this is what everyone is striving to find the answer to
formratings

cheers Jukebox but I would imagine / hope it is a simple error or two on my part
formratings

in guardian can you add more than one automation rule to encompass races
like close and hedge
Jukebox

With automation you create a file and in that file you can have just one rule or as many rules as you like - some to open trades just the way you want under the conditions you specify and in the same file their can be other rules to close your trades or not under the conditions you specify. With each rule you get to say if you want it just to be about a particular runner or the market as a whole.
One way to get the idea would be to download one of the many files and attach it to events in guardian in test mode and open it up, watch what it does and see whats in it and what hapens if you change something.
formratings

Cheers Jukebox I have downloaded about 50 files and been messing with them, I was just wanting to see what I had done wrong in either of the files uploaded, that I had been trying to adapt to what I would like
But I am so useless I need step by step guidance to see how to fix any errors
Jukebox

Peter has put plenty of videos up on his you tube channel - you can follow some of these step by step while you get the hang of it. You'll find users on the forum will be helpful if you get stuck on something specific but understandably won't have time to hold your hand through every step when so much information is already there for you to help yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3moj8lg ... 3A6C182236
formratings

Cheers I have been through the bet angel academy and watched lots of videos but still finding it very complicated

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”