Matched Bets not Showing

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:25 pm
Dallas

Yes, I was on streaming. have switched to a polling setting I have (sillyquestion - i presume that polling is not streaming (want to get the terminilogy right)).
Also, I note that my clock was out by 10 seconds again so I have reset that - the auto-synchronisation is just not working using the Internet time setting....

Am trying it on a couple of israeli matches that kick off in 10mins

Dipstick
That's correct, streaming and polling are completely different ways of retrieving information from Betfair
So if you have unticked the 'use exchange streaming' from the communications area in your main settings you will now be back on polling

Let me know how you have got on and if polling has helped resolve the issue

If your PC is not staying in sync you could try using the following free program, myself and many others use this on our VPS's and its always done the job
http://www.timesynctool.com/
Dipstick

Dallas

I have being using restrict refresh on he advanced settings and had them set to 600secs. Have now switched this to 18000 secs - that seems to have fixed it. Does that make sense from your side

Dipstick
LinusP

Dallas wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm
Dipstick wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Dallas - time synching isnt the issue - it is the "greenup" bit. The automation kicked in and fired at the 20minute mark. I tried again on the Boro vs Burton game. The lay bet was triggered at 20:52.37 when Burton scored. The "green up" triggered at 21:12.41 as epected when no one scored. But then i got the error message:

18/12/2018 20:52:43: [G_Auto] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Burton at 2.36. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 148451183522 ( Opening Stop at 3 ticks. Place stop at 5 ticks )
18/12/2018 21:12:41: [G_Auto] : An error occurred while cancelling bets: The entire order has been rejected.
18/12/2018 21:12:41: [G_Auto] : Cancelling bets 148451183522
18/12/2018 21:42:45: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

Dipstick
So was the lay bet actually matched and if so at what time? the log is basically saying it tried to cancel the lay but was rejected which suggests it's been matched but it is also showing it couldn't be cancelled.

Also if you're not already using polling try reverting back to that just to rule out a streaming issue,
I have raised this with betfair a few times but its always ignored, the API regularly gives a cryptic error response when trying to cancel an order, it normally means that the order has been matched just before a cancel request, this is common in volatile markets such as inplay racing.

Just reviewing my logs I have seen this error message now looks like this:

'Incorrect instruction report received'
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 10.01.40.png
Sure enough a few milliseconds later the bet is matched.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am
Dallas

I have being using restrict refresh on he advanced settings and had them set to 600secs. Have now switched this to 18000 secs - that seems to have fixed it. Does that make sense from your side

Dipstick
The restrict refresh option controls when Guardian is refreshing the market and when rules are able to trigger, if using it with automation file it should have been set for at least 1500 (25mins after event start time) to allow the green up rule to trigger so that would explain why the green up hasn't been triggering (it will only have done so if you had the market on your main trading screen).

It just doesn't explain the log entries you have been getting, although sometimes a forced refresh can still occur outside the restricted time so that may be the reason for them, as LinusP has just said unfortunately BF don't return enough detail when rejecting a bet, they all tend to get wrapped in just 1 or 2 types of generic error messages.

I'll try to replicate it with the refresh rates you are using and see if I can get the same messages returned and let you know

For now though when using this automation file and restricted refresh if you use something like
120 secs before start
till 1800 secs after start

That would be enough to cover KO's a few mins late and still not waste time refreshing later markets not yet started

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”