1 step forward, three steps back

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
geoffrey1928

Right, I added the number of times the green up can fire in race, to cut down the chances of not greening up as happened the other day when my 9.0 lay bet romped on to win and lose me £200.

I have taken the lay bet down to £2, intending on just testing for a thousand races.

Third day of testing, then on the 2.15pm at Catterick this happened:-
YYY100.jpg
After checking I realised I had forgot to add the condition for the longer in race green up rule. Should this rule be number of unmatched bets must equal 0?

Have attached the baf file as well, thanks.
Slowdown44.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa7med

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Should this rule be number of unmatched bets must equal 0?
That's a start. Perhaps try things out in practice mode first.
sa7med

sa7med wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:47 pm
geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Should this rule be number of unmatched bets must equal 0?
That's a start. Perhaps try things out in practice mode first.
Although if you're green never gets taken then it will never try again.
geoffrey1928

Doing it with low £2 stakes is much better, you get a record and would not p**s off Betfair either, if you did it in practice mode for long enough, then you may get your account curtailed.
geoffrey1928

Can it be done fill or kill? What's the best way of setting the green up in play? The best way of it being eventually taken up?
sa7med

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Doing it with low £2 stakes is much better, you get a record and would not p**s off Betfair either, if you did it in practice mode for long enough, then you may get your account curtailed.
Not saying do it for long. Just to try it and make sure you don't lose your bank from a silly mistake. You can get a record as well if you tick export market logs on market closure.
geoffrey1928

I'm hardly likely to lose my bank on £2 lays! I ran this automation for over 500 races, but twice the lay never greened up.

If someone could tell me the best way of having this green up rule written in play to boost my chances of the original lay greening up, be it a profit or eventual loss.
Derek27

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:27 pm
I'm hardly likely to lose my bank on £2 lays! I ran this automation for over 500 races, but twice the lay never greened up.

If someone could tell me the best way of having this green up rule written in play to boost my chances of the original lay greening up, be it a profit or eventual loss.
I once tried to have £2 on a horse at 1000 and accidentally entered, on the Betfair website, £1000 at 2!!!

Mistakes can happen with staking or unwanted repeat triggering of bets in automation so it's best to test any changes in practice mode if you're making changes to how and when bets fire.
Last edited by Derek27 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geoffrey1928

My top odds are currently 20.0, so that will not happen. Practice to make sure (as much as possible) would have to be short enough not to upset Betfair, this would then be short enough to actually be worthless for what I need it to do. I don't pick horses with adds higher than 20.0, plus there is a condition that means even if the horse I have picked strays higher than 20.0, it will not get picked up.
sa7med

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Sure you can. If your automation over greens in play and then tries to green again at 1000 there goes the bank.

Trust me, if you're still tweaking your automation then you should be running in practice mode. I have an automation i've been running for over 18000 races that still has glitches every now and then. 500 Races is nothing, the sooner you realize that the better.

To answer your other question. No you can't do a fill or kill on a green bet, but you can cancel it after a pre-determined amount of time and set another one.
Derek27

I wasn't suggesting using practice mode until you confirm that your strategy is profitable but just after a change in case anything unintentional occurs. The example I gave above was just an example - things can go wrong that you never even thought of. It is of course entirely up to you.
geoffrey1928

Thank you, although normally the first 5/6 times I run an automation I have changed I make sure I always watch the race through on BetAngel, I agree with what you have put.

Actually, if there are no races that fit into my 'filter' system, I will often switch to practice mode for a few races and just pick any old horse, just to make sure the 'bones' of the automation are working.

Meanwhile, will the rearming and condition I set stop multi bets being taken?
sa7med

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Thank you, although normally the first 5/6 times I run an automation I have changed I make sure I always watch the race through on BetAngel, I agree with what you have put.

Actually, if there are no races that fit into my 'filter' system, I will often switch to practice mode for a few races and just pick any old horse, just to make sure the 'bones' of the automation are working.

Meanwhile, will the rearming and condition I set stop multi bets being taken?
As long as you're cancelling unmatched bets before attempting to green again it should be okay.
geoffrey1928

Yes, but how am I achieving that? Currently I have a green up bet being fired, rearmed after 2 seconds, with a condition stating that unmatched bets should = 0 for it to be fired, will this work?
sa7med

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 pm
Yes, but how am I achieving that? Currently I have a green up bet being fired, rearmed after 2 seconds, with a condition stating that unmatched bets should = 0 for it to be fired, will this work?
you could add a CANCEL_ALL rule to fire every 1.9 seconds or so.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”