Lay the field - Why is the price updating?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
FiachraM

I am running a simple test bot where I lay the field at a certain price and then keep the bets in play.

When I return after a few hours to check the upcoming races, the lay price has been changed to 1.01 on all selections in some of the races.

Could someone explain why the bet is updating and how to keep the bets in play at the initial lay price I specified? Also, if there is something I haven't put into the conditions to stop the price update, why is this only happening in some of the races and not all of the races?

Thanks
Andriy

It's because there's been a non runner in the interim in those races affected, which reduces your lay prices accordingly depending on reduction factor. A way round it would be to set the bot to lay field just before race start time.
FiachraM

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I guess the issue then is position in the order queue. I'm placing the bets hours beforehand so that I am close to the front of the queue and I assume when the odds are updated I join the back of the 1.01 queue.

Do you know if there is a condition or signal which would monitor the update of prices so that if it were to automatically update pre-off, the bot would automatically cancel the 1.01 bets and rerun through the original rules to place the bets at the original price I wanted?

I considered the unmatched bet amount condition, but I assume its monitoring the stake which wont change if the price is automatically updated. I'm essentially looking for an unmatched bet price/odds condition but I don't see that in the options.
Dallas

FiachraM wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:52 pm
Ok, thanks for the quick response. I guess the issue then is position in the order queue. I'm placing the bets hours beforehand so that I am close to the front of the queue and I assume when the odds are updated I join the back of the 1.01 queue.

Do you know if there is a condition or signal which would monitor the update of prices so that if it were to automatically update pre-off, the bot would automatically cancel the 1.01 bets and rerun through the original rules to place the bets at the original price I wanted?

I considered the unmatched bet amount condition, but I assume its monitoring the stake which wont change if the price is automatically updated. I'm essentially looking for an unmatched bet price/odds condition but I don't see that in the options.
You could add a 'cancel unmatched bets (price dependant)' rule and set it to cancel bets below a fixed price of 1.02 and set it to trigger every 30 secs or so.
Then on your lay all rule set that to trigger a few times but add a number of unmatched bets in market is equal to 0

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”