Can Bet Angel do this?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Rob51852

Hi,

I’ve been searching for the answer to this but haven’t been able to find it so I’m hoping someone can help me out.

Can Bet Angel identify situations where the 3rd last traded price was above a certain level, the second last traded price was below a certain level and the last traded price was above a certain level?

If so, can it do it as fast as a well coded bespoke bot?

I want to test a T20 cricket strategy.

Thanks
Dallas

Yes that could be done and would be as fast as any bespoke bot if not quicker.

It would require the use of signals, exactly what was requires and how hard it is to set up would largely depend on what a 'certain level' is and how its defined
Rob51852

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

Do you know which section of the user guide I should look at?

Thanks again
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:16 pm
would be as fast as any bespoke bot if not quicker.
That sounds like a challenge. I baggsy Liam to be on my team.
robsmith

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do this? I've been through the user manual, course and YT videos and am still unsure.

I'm not a coder and am lost in rules, conditions, parameters, stored values and signals...

Thanks
Dallas

robsmith wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:39 am
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do this? I've been through the user manual, course and YT videos and am still unsure.

I'm not a coder and am lost in rules, conditions, parameters, stored values and signals...

Thanks
Start with a set modify signal rule with a fixed odds condition to test the price is greater than your 'certain" price
On the signal tab increment a signal on the selection
Then repeat that and add another set modify sigbal rule but change the fixed odds condition to less than a 'certain' price.
And again for the the 3rd time

When the above occurs and seta the signals the value will reach 3 if all rules have triggered.
You'd then use a signal value condition on your back/lay rule to test the signal value is equal to 3

Once you've done that part you then need some rules to reset the signal if if doesn't do each in turn
Ie, the first rule triggers and sets a signal with a value of 1 but then the next traded price is not below your certain level, this now need resetting so the process can start again

Buy for now if you set the first part up do you have it triggering when above, below and above your certain price (even if it trades at other prices in between) then post back
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:16 pm
would be as fast as any bespoke bot if not quicker.
That sounds like a challenge. I baggsy Liam to be on my team.
Would be an interesting challenge to do.
robsmith

Great, thanks. I'll have a go. Do I need to do these rules for each selection?

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:21 am
robsmith wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Start with a set modify signal rule with a fixed odds condition to test the price is greater than your 'certain" price
Then repeat that and add another set modify sigbal rule but change the fixed odds condition to less than a 'certain' price.

When the above occurs and seta the signals the value will reach 3 if all rules have triggered.
You'd then use a signal value condition on your back/lay rule to test the signal value is equal to 3

Once you've done that part you then need some rules to reset the signal if if doesn't do each in turn
Ie, the first rule triggers and sets a signal with a value of 1 but then the next traded price is not below your certain level, this now need resetting so the process can start again

Buy for now if you set the first part up do you have it triggering when above, below and above your certain price (even if it trades at other prices in between) then post back
Dallas

robsmith wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Great, thanks. I'll have a go. Do I need to do these rules for each selection?

Dallas wrote:
robsmith wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Yes but i'd start with one selection first, then when it's all finished and fully working its just a case of duplicating all the rules and applying to the other selection
robsmith

Hi Dallas,

I'm finally getting round to doing this... I've done the set/modify signals and writing the rule to place the lay bet.

I was thinking that I'd be able to use the signals I'd set to place the lay at the second last traded price but I can't see an option to do that.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Dallas wrote:
robsmith wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

BabrakOhava

Babrak Ohava here, sir

I am new here trying to learn automation for my betting.

What do you mean by the second last traded price? You maybe want the second offered price, like on buttons are best offered prices back/lay.

robsmith wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:54 am
Hi Dallas,

I'm finally getting round to doing this... I've done the set/modify signals and writing the rule to place the lay bet.

I was thinking that I'd be able to use the signals I'd set to place the lay at the second last traded price but I can't see an option to do that.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Dallas wrote:
robsmith wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Anbell

robsmith wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:54 am
Hi Dallas,

Is there another way?

Thanks

Dallas wrote:
robsmith wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Since Dallas gave you that advice there's been a new release of the software. I'd guess that the best way to do it now is with History Lists.

First you need to define what you mean by '2nd last traded price' and 'third last traded price.' Do you specifically need that exact thing? That would be very difficult to get with 100% accuracy as it would be different depending on if your machine refresh was 20ms or 100ms etc.

Might it be ok if you had the last traded price two and three seconds ago? Or 0.5 seconds and 1 second? If so you can set up history lists to capture each of those, and then set stored values to equal the history list value at each time point, and then you'd have a rule to place your bet with a condition that the SV was < or > your certain level.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”