Using the Projected BSP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Tjt

Ok, I've just done that but I'm not sure how to apply them stored value rules to placing a back bet at the BSP and then another back bet in-play.

How does creating that store value then know that I want to place the bet at BSP? And the 25% inplay as well?

thanks
Tjt

I see now what you meant.

But I cannot find an option to place the bet at the actual SP...
2020-06-09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Just use '0' as the number of ticks
2020-06-09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:30 pm
How does creating that store value then know that I want to place the bet at BSP? And the 25% inplay as well?
It doesn't, stored values are simply containers into which you place values that you might want to use later. The bets can then be configured at 75% and 25% of that stored value, and if you change your stake, you only need to change the number you put in the stored value not each specific use of it.
ShaunWhite

Try to break what you want into distinct steps...
1. Store your stake amount.
2. Place your back bet at 75% of that well above the current price
3. Change the status of that unmatched bet to TakeSP
4. Place your in-play bet at 25% of stored stake at +x% of bsp.

#1 should trigger once, early.
#2 should trigger when you want.
#3 should trigger a couple of seconds after #3 to give the bet sufficient time to get to Betfair and be logged.
#4 should trigger once about 3-5s after the race has started in case BSP is a bit late being calculated by Betfair.
Tjt

Thank you! got it working now! (the bot that is)

One thing that happend today is that I was testing this automation on horse racing which worked for one race.

I then added my football markets and added the automation for that and now none of it is triggering.
It is showing the market suspensions but that is it.

I checked it thoroughly and I am struggling to find a reason why it won't work??
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:16 pm
Thank you! got it working now! (the bot that is)

One thing that happend today is that I was testing this automation on horse racing which worked for one race.

I then added my football markets and added the automation for that and now none of it is triggering.
It is showing the market suspensions but that is it.

I checked it thoroughly and I am struggling to find a reason why it won't work??
I don't think footie markets have an SP outside the PL and a few other top flight leagues, unless BF have recently rolled it out
Tjt

My football market automation is different but since there are over 250 markets in guardian for the day, my bsp automation for horse racing now wont work! I changed all the settings in the main interface to 20 milliseconds and done everything I possibly can to make it refresh as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Bit odd how I cant seem to run more than one automation strategy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

terrible really
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm
My football market automation is different but since there are over 250 markets in guardian for the day, my bsp automation for horse racing now wont work! I changed all the settings in the main interface to 20 milliseconds and done everything I possibly can to make it refresh as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Bit odd how I cant seem to run more than one automation strategy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

terrible really
On busy days I can have well over markets split across racing, tennis and footy and run upto several different startergy per sport and it's always run fine.

Whatever it is must lie somewhere in the way your rule/s are configured or Guardian set up
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm
My football market automation is different but since there are over 250 markets in guardian for the day, my bsp automation for horse racing now wont work! I changed all the settings in the main interface to 20 milliseconds
Your events will each be checked every 5s (250 * 20ms) It's down to you to configure it to operate within that constraint. If you're still struggling then just use multiple instances of BA and have fewer events on each.
Tjt

thank you all.

Shaun, what do you mean by multiple instances of Bet angel?

Also, I have contacted bet angel support over this and they told me about changing my settings to be more responsive and faster which is what I have done and it still only works sometimes!

I find it is fine when I am running only one automation strategy on a group of markets but when I introduce another bot for another group of markets it just doesn't respond as well.

I thought it may have something to do with my restrict refresh setting so I tested it on each individual automation and it seemed to work fine so no luck there either!
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:08 pm
thank you all.
Shaun, what do you mean by multiple instances of Bet angel?
You can run BA more than once in the same way you can run something like Firefox or Notepad more than once. Then just load a few markets in each or have one you use for football and one you use for racing. You can even have the screen layout different in each one if you want. The BA licence permits as many instances as your machine(s) can support however they'll all be using the same Betfair account so values which apply at account level, such as number or value of matched bets, will be seen by all instances as the same values.
Tjt

Thanks Shaun, Ill give that a go!

Running the same program twice won't interfere with any of my automation settings and will it still run smoothly?

I've just opened it twice and noticed that all of my timing settings have been restored to default on the second window of BA.
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:25 am
Thanks Shaun, Ill give that a go!

Running the same program twice won't interfere with any of my automation settings and will it still run smoothly?

I've just opened it twice and noticed that all of my timing settings have been restored to default on the second window of BA.
Did you choose your own setting file for the 2nd one or just select the default? You can use whatever layout and settings in each. The only consideration is what I said about them referring to the same account.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”