Simple scalping bot

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BIMtown

Hi all

New to Betangel so please be gentle,

Have played around with the one-click screen and manual bets for a week (in practice mode) I'm keen to give the automation a go

Here's what I'd like to achieve

place an offset back bet with greening 1 tick
Back bet needs to be matched
lay bet needs to be matched
then and only then repeat the whole thing for a predetermined amount of time

Here's what I have done

Set up a rule to place an offset back bet with 1 tick greening 1 min before the event lasting until 5 mins after the event has gone in play.
That worked fine

I set it to trigger 10 times
The problem is it just kept firing without even placing a lay bet and/or without waiting for the lay to be matched,

I then set the fill/kill to 0.5 seconds, however, it is still placing back bets without the lay bets been matched first.

As you can see there have been,

2 matched back bets placed at the same odds
2 unmatched lay bets placed at the same odds

Can somebody offer any advice or help, please?

Dallas

Enable fill/kill on the parameters tab of your back bet rule to prevent the lay going in until the back bet is placed
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/off ... tages.html

Also add number of unmatched bets on selection is equal to 0
and if using in-play add a 'fill or kill bet time condition' is greater than (whatever the in-play delay is)

That should do it
BIMtown

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 pm
Enable fill/kill on the parameters tab of your back bet rule to prevent the lay going in until the back bet is placed
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/off ... tages.html

Also, add number of unmatched bets on selection is equal to 0
and if using in-play add a 'fill or kill bet time condition' is greater than (whatever the in-play delay is)

That should do it
Thanks, Dallas, just not sure what you mean by the last line?

Do I set this greater than the 0.5-second fill or kill I set on the parameters page
ShaunWhite

BIMtown wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Do I set this greater than the 0.5-second fill or kill I set on the parameters page
Having Fill/Kill set will mean that the offset (other side) won't be placed until the initial bet is matched. Without it both bets are put up at the same time.

The 0.5s is how long the initial unmatched bet will sit in the market until it is cancelled (if it hasn't been matched in that time obv).
BIMtown

Thanks, guys really appreciate the help, unfortunately, this bot is not doing as intended, I retried this last night 2/7/2020

the number of unmatched bets showed as 2, even though I followed Dallas' instruction and set the number of unmatched bets to 0

Fill or kill has been set ( i just ticked the box and the left the 0.5 seconds) Multiple back bets, at the same odds are being placed before the unmatched bets are matched)

I am keen to get this working before my trial ends

I appreciate any further help, I am unable to add more than 3 photos so have posted all the screens to google photos, if it helps

Many thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cwpTgQsr2unFzmDK8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Did you also add the second condition I advised?

> and if using in-play add a 'fill or kill bet time condition' is greater than (whatever the in-play delay is)
BIMtown

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Did you also add the second condition I advised?

> and if using in-play add a 'fill or kill bet time condition' is greater than (whatever the in-play delay is)
I sure did
2020-07-03 13_25_45-Bet Angel - Guardian.png
although not sure what length of time to put it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

I can see you've only used 3 seconds, this needs to be longer than the in-play delay on football markets

The shortest delay is 5 seconds on the Premier and other major European leagues, this can go upto 12 seconds on smaller lesser known leagues

Also if your using stakes below the £2 Betfair minimum the delay is doubled, you'll need between a 11 and 25 second delay depending on the league your trading
BIMtown

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm
I can see you've only used 3 seconds, this needs to be longer than the in-play delay on football markets

The shortest delay is 5 seconds on the Premier and other major European leagues, this can go upto 12 seconds on smaller lesser known leagues

Also if your using stakes below the £2 Betfair minimum the delay is doubled, you'll need between a 11 and 25 second delay depending on the league your trading
ah, thanks, Dallas man, is there somewhere I can find the delay times, per league and if I'm trading a premier league match at the same time as a match in Belarus will I need to use a separate bot with differing time delays?
BIMtown

I have set the delay to 30 seconds, it still placing more than one unmatched bet
2020-07-03 14_37_46-Bet Angel - Guardian.png
Dallas

BIMtown wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm

ah, thanks, Dallas man, is there somewhere I can find the delay times, per league and if I'm trading a premier league match at the same time as a match in Belarus will I need to use a separate bot with differing time delays?
Some may of changed slightly since this was posted but it will give you a ball park figure
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11148
Dallas

BIMtown wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 pm
I have set the delay to 30 seconds, it still placing more than one unmatched bet

Are your bets solely being placed in-play or being carried over from pre-off?
If solely in-play i think i see where the problem is
BIMtown

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:45 pm
BIMtown wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Are your bets solely being placed in-play or being carried over from pre-off?
If solely in-play i think i see where the problem is

starts 1 minute before kick off and lasts 5 minutes after the event has started
2020-07-03 14_54_06-Bet Angel - Guardian.png
Dallas

It looks like your editing different parts of the rules file between different screenshots maybe just post the actual rule file, that way it'll just take a few minutes to check over?
BIMtown

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 pm
It looks like your editing different parts of the rules file between different screenshots maybe just post the actual rule file, that way it'll just take a few minutes to check over?
thanks a lot

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”