Can you be alerted to large orders on ladder?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Leeds1919

Hi,
Is it possible to be alerted to a large order appearing in the market?
For instance if an order of over £1000 appeared on the ladder in a weak market is it possible to trigger an action or be alerted?
I know you can monitor WOM but I was looking for something that would specifically look for individual orders.
Ta
Dallas

Yes, you can use a 'Stored Value condition' to test if an amount at a price within the best 3 on each side of the book is outsized relative to others
Leeds1919

Ah I see it now Ta
Leeds1919

Can somebody explain why I would need a Clear All Stored Values rule?
I see it in a lot of files but not sure why its needed.
jimibt

Leeds1919 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:50 pm
you might have a rule that runs this on meeting certain conditions, so in effect, it starts the process again from scratch with all values *gone*.
Leeds1919

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 pm
Leeds1919 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:50 pm
you might have a rule that runs this on meeting certain conditions, so in effect, it starts the process again from scratch with all values *gone*.
Ok ta mate
Leeds1919

I've tried to set up a file to do this but its not working, can anybody see where i'm going wrong?
I've created rules to store a value for the best 5 prices, and then have a rule to play a sound alert if an order of more than £1000 hits the market at any of those prices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

You'll need 10 seperate stored values BAP1, BAP2, BAP3, etc to store each of back and lay amounts, and then 10 seperate conditions to check the current amounts against the values stored. So eg, Store BestBack1 at some point in time and then have an Alert rule that's conditional on BestBack1 + 1000 < CurrentBestBack1 . That would alert when CurrentBestBack1 was 1000 bigger than when you saved it.

Btw how are you storing the 4th and 5th best?....BA only has the best 3 back and best 3 lay amounts.
Atho55

Shaun, Price used = Best Price - x ticks.
Leeds1919

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:54 am
You'll need 10 seperate stored values BAP1, BAP2, BAP3, etc to store each of back and lay amounts, and then 10 seperate conditions to check the current amounts against the values stored. So eg, Store BestBack1 at some point in time and then have an Alert rule that's conditional on BestBack1 + 1000 < CurrentBestBack1 . That would alert when CurrentBestBack1 was 1000 bigger than when you saved it.

Btw how are you storing the 4th and 5th best?....BA only has the best 3 back and best 3 lay amounts.
Thanks Shaun I'll give that a go this afternoon
ShaunWhite

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:47 am
Shaun, Price used = Best Price - x ticks.
I didn't realise you could store the unmatched volume at best +/- X ticks, I thought it was just the top 3.
LeeCaL

You can select a custom place value in ticks by using the adjustment option in stored values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leeds1919

I've managed to set this rule up so thanks to everyone who helped especially Shaun.

The only issue I found was when I was using a pop up alert. The text box sometimes got in the way of the runner I was trading so became more of a hindrance than a help, so I did away with the pop up alert and stuck a sound alert only. Worked well but in fast moving markets I found I had to scan the runners to see which ladder the outsized order was in.

A suggestion maybe for future builds, an option to highlight the ladder when an alert sounds so you can see straight away which runner the rule has triggered on. Similiar to what you can do with the watch list but with the ladder instead.

Ta to everyone again
Dallas

Leeds1919 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:15 pm
I've managed to set this rule up so thanks to everyone who helped especially Shaun.

The only issue I found was when I was using a pop up alert. The text box sometimes got in the way of the runner I was trading so became more of a hindrance than a help, so I did away with the pop up alert and stuck a sound alert only. Worked well but in fast moving markets I found I had to scan the runners to see which ladder the outsized order was in.

A suggestion maybe for future builds, an option to highlight the ladder when an alert sounds so you can see straight away which runner the rule has triggered on. Similiar to what you can do with the watch list but with the ladder instead.

Ta to everyone again
You can already trigger the alert on the ladder, one click screen or watchlist

For the ladder and one-click screen just go onto the stored value tab of your alert rule and store a value (shared) of something ie, an amount entered, or the price etc

Then on your ladder screen open the ladder settings editor and on the 'Additional information' tab select display a stored value and enter the details from above.
On your one-click screen you can do it by adding a custom column and using the same 'Additional information' option as previoustly configure it to look up the stored value shared.
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/disp ... ng-screen/
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... k-betting/

Finally for the watchlist you can display alerts directly onto this
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/cust ... tch-lists/
Leeds1919

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm
Leeds1919 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Ta to everyone again
You can already trigger the alert on the ladder, one click screen or watchlist

For the ladder and one-click screen just go onto the stored value tab of your alert rule and store a value (shared) of something ie, an amount entered, or the price etc

Then on your ladder screen open the ladder settings editor and on the 'Additional information' tab select display a stored value and enter the details from above.
On your one-click screen you can do it by adding a custom column and using the same 'Additional information' option as previoustly configure it to look up the stored value shared.
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/disp ... ng-screen/
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... k-betting/

Finally for the watchlist you can display alerts directly onto this
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/cust ... tch-lists/
Nice one ta Dallas! Live & Learn :oops:

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”