Greening all selections

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
georget1907

Hi there, i recently started using Bet Angel and have set up a simple automation which works well, apart from the final rule to green up all selections. I want to green up across all selections when my nominated selection drops to odds of 2.0 or 1.80 for example.

Currently i have the settings as Rule type 'green all selections' and in the 'conditions' tab i have 'fixed odds' condition with 'guardian nominated selection' 'back price' 'lower than' '1.80'. I have 'betfair exchange streaming' on in the main settings, refresh interval at 'so milliseconds' and market swtich time to '1' (not sure if that last one is relevant)

A lot of the time when the odds drop to this, it successfully hegdes across all horses. But a lot of the time it doesn't catch it in time. I watch the odds, and sometimes it can drop all the way to 1.60 and bounce around there for a few seconds but doesn't green up.

If i was doing this manually, i would ussualy wait until my last lay bet is matched and then quickly click on the green figure so my final lay bet is already there and waiting as soon as the odds drop low enough, giving me a 99% strike rate of getting matched if it hits those odds, and instantly

Is there any way of adjusting the settings in order for me to make this even more efficient with the automation?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

George
Dallas

On your green all selections rule in the 'Applies to' box on the general tab it should be set to 'Guardian Nominated'

If you've got multiple markets in Guardian make sure you a refreshing the markets fast enough, the following post explains in more detail
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
georget1907

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:06 pm
On your green all selections rule in the 'Applies to' box on the general tab it should be set to 'Guardian Nominated'

If you've got multiple markets in Guardian make sure you a refreshing the markets fast enough, the following post explains in more detail
hi Dallas, yes it's set for guardian 'nominated selection 1' as there is only usually one horse i'm trading.

thanks for the link, i already had a read through and it seems my settings are correct according to that.

The automation does work, and it does green up as required, but just its not all the time, some days only 50% of the time will it successfully green up. Should it be working better than this?

Or is there a way of setting it so the final hedge lay bet is calcualted and triggered once the previous bet has been matched? This is how i do it manually, so i just click the green figure at the desired odds and then there is already a lay bet waiting and its almost certain it will get matched and hegde up, and i just need to wait until it hits those odds.
Dallas

georget1907 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:01 pm
Dallas wrote:

hi Dallas, yes it's set for guardian 'nominated selection 1' as there is only usually one horse i'm trading.

thanks for the link, i already had a read through and it seems my settings are correct according to that.

The automation does work, and it does green up as required, but just its not all the time, some days only 50% of the time will it successfully green up. Should it be working better than this?

Or is there a way of setting it so the final hedge lay bet is calcualted and triggered once the previous bet has been matched? This is how i do it manually, so i just click the green figure at the desired odds and then there is already a lay bet waiting and its almost certain it will get matched and hegde up, and i just need to wait until it hits those odds.

Have you checked the log you'll see if its triggering (but just not being matched), if all your refreshing is upto speed thats the next most likely.

If you find thats the case then the green up bet just needs to be configured to trigger several ticks outside the current price which I can guide you though if thats whats needed
georget1907

Dallas wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:01 am
georget1907 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:01 pm
Dallas wrote:

Have you checked the log you'll see if its triggering (but just not being matched), if all your refreshing is upto speed thats the next most likely.

If you find thats the case then the green up bet just needs to be configured to trigger several ticks outside the current price which I can guide you though if thats whats needed

That would be great, thanks. It is triggering sometimes and does show in the log when it does. Although some times not, and other times it hedges up but quite a number of ticks above and a much less stake than required.

I'll keep a detailed eye on it tomorrow as it has become a bit confiusing, and ill make note of exactly whats happeneing and post here.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”