Which automation tool to use ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
stevemuk

Hi

its time for me to try out automation - firstly thanks to Dallas for all of the examples he provides !

lets assume my rules will back or lay the 2nd Fav and then depending on the movement on the FAV will
either scratch/close/wait

my Q is around which of the Bet Angel automation tools can do this ??

i think i can do this with excel - but i see this as being a legacy tool (maybe i am wrong ?)

is this something that Guardian / Servants can do ??

just looking for views please, before i begin

thanks
steve
Anbell

you can do it in guardian
stevemuk

thanks Anbell - i'll give it a go
ShaunWhite

Depends what "my rules " are. If the parameters and calculations you need are available in Guardian then it's easiest to do it there.

Excel isn't just a legacy tool because Excel isn't just a spreadsheet. That's just the front end to a fully fledged programming language ie Visual Basic. It means you can theoretically take information from anywhere, eg some from BA, plus maybe screen scraped data or from an API, and do anything with it you want. You can then instruct BA to execute or cancel bets by putting the appropriate instructions in particular cells.
stevemuk

thanks ShaunWhite - good point >> is the info i want available in Guardian

i'm happy with VB - just saw BA i/f to excel as being original/external = legacy and needing more of my time to code to get the info, whereas as has already been said the info is probably there and so easy(ish) to pull out via Guardian
Anbell

stevemuk wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:57 am
thanks ShaunWhite - good point >> is the info i want available in Guardian

i'm happy with VB - just saw BA i/f to excel as being original/external = legacy and needing more of my time to code to get the info, whereas as has already been said the info is probably there and so easy(ish) to pull out via Guardian
You can do the following in Guardian:
"lets assume my rules will back or lay the 2nd Fav and then depending on the movement on the FAV will
either scratch/close/wait"

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”