Tennis Start Times

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
IanHoldaway

Hi,

Would anyone have any advice on starting automated tennis trades? In particular, placing a bet shortly before the event start.

I'm new to trading tennis and the event start times seem to be much more variable than other sports, for example a match that was due to start at 11.00 am this morning, actually started at 10:37.

Is it just best to place the initial bet shortly after the start of the match? I would have done this, but was a bit concerned about movement in the odds at the start - to soon and the market could not be well formed after the suspension, to late and the first point could have been played.

Ian
Dallas

Tennis is notorious for its erratic start times, unfortunately due to a range of reasons including previous matches over running / finishing quickly, rain breaks, court re-scheduling etc there's no way to set automation up hours in advance with the expectation of triggering it shortly before the actual start.

What you could do is continually check the latest back/lay price then as soon as it goes in-play trigger a bet at that price, there might be the very rare time its not matched and that player storms to a win or loss but in 99% of the cases you will be matched
IanHoldaway

Thanks for the reply - I did something similar in the short term, I placed a bet shortly after start, but made sure the book percentage was at a sensible value.

Seems to be working okay, but I might give your idea a try, mine was a quick fix!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”