Automation Failure - Double Betting and NO Greening

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
fadamadrinha

Hi to all!

I'm making some assessments over this new feature and yesterday put some instructions to the automation feature to run over some football matches for Europe League.

Some RULES were pretty basic and not being some big strategy they can and should make some money.

I'have identified some strange double betting and NO GREENING that i cant understand why is that... believe the RULES were created correctly so this is a mystery for me.

Im using 500 milisecond refresh interval, added 8 match to Guardian with 4 marjets for each match (Over 2.5, Over 3.5, Match Odds, Correct Score)

In attached files the exported rules...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1sbro

Hey there, not sure about the double betting, did think it was something to do with your trigger settings but after have a quick watch on betangel.tv I don't believe it is.

NO Greening I do believe could be down to the markets being scrolled through while ya bet is holding a profit, athough it could have dropped out of profit when its gets back round.. think its the same problem I'm having.

Though mines on horse racing and the odds shift a tad faster..

Someone please correct me if I've got it wrong :)

Jay
TheTub

Is the refresh cycle of 500ms set in Guardian or the main Bet Angel window?

Also, what does the log say? It may give a clue.

I'm wondering if the number of markets is a factor. Does the same thing happen with your file if you just have one match odds market loaded into Guardian rather than the 8x4=32 markets you have specified.

I think this could give a resource problem with a 500ms refresh. That's a lot of data.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It's difficult to assess individual scripts given all the settings that can be used. But we have also noticed people are struggling to get used to the concept of cycling, timing and how that impacts triggers.

Typically if at the exact moment Bet Angel turns to a market to trigger a bet it meets all conditions it could double fire. But it may only be milliseconds between meeting or not meeting the condition. Also the cycle could be mistimed meaning Bet Angel isn't on the market when it needs to trigger a condition.

So we will release a new beta which includes a catch all condition for this issue.

On this lay the draw script it seems you are starting 2 mins before the off to 10 minutes in play. That seems a bit odd? Not sure if that was the intention. You are also nominated that the market must be inplay before you place the bet?
clawson

I've noticed this problem too. I've been experimenting with automated bets using various combinations of offsets, greening and trailing stops. When the double bet triggers - the offset bet doesn't fire - resulting in trades that need to be resolved manually.
RobbyRob

Yes I have noticed this condition also. Double bet & no offset/greening being applied.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you fail to get the timing right in terms of cycling, or when a bet fires, or when you choose to execute a bet then elements of your rule could fail. You need to take timings in the cycling into account. We put a sticky in this section to clarify this.

We haven't seen anything unusual with global settings which are applied at the point of placing the bet or greening.

Double betting is likely to occur when a bet has been fired but unmatched information has not been returned from Betfair at the exact moment the automation checks to see if it should fire a new bet. If your market refresh is faster than the retrieval of unmatched bets (see communications settings) then there is a window where it may not see the unmatched bets. The default unmatched and matched bet data comes back from Betfair at about 1/3rd of a second.

To counter this and help you manage this better we have introduced a new condition today in the automation called 'unmatched bet time'. This will allow you to say 'Place a bet if there has been X seconds since the last time there was an unmatched bet'. That should nail any potential for double bets even if you get the timing and cycling incorrect.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”