Using the new Automation Tool

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chipping

I am loving the new Automation tool :D It has massively expanded the number of markets I can take part in.

I wanted to ask whether anyone is using Automation to trade the horses pre-off? I can see many in-play features in the Automation tool, and so I am guessing that is the area where most will find it useful? But I am intrigued to learn whether there are pre-play opportunities for Automation to exploit?
vanya

Hi Chipping,

If you watch the video here
http://www.betangel.tv/video/using-bet- ... ing-a-rule

You will see a very simple scalping rule being made for pre-off trading.

I have made one of these and use it successfully at the moment with very small stakes while I refine it to work completely by itself.

With a few more additions to the triggers, we will be able to REALLY let it run automated and make profits!

But for now, it is more than functional, working and is FUN to see it work as it can work so much faster than I can!

Hope this helps! Good luck with your trading today!

Cheers,
Vanya
chipping

I might be trying to solve the wrong problem with pre-play horses- but with the automation tools we have here, how do you determine if a market is trending? I can see that if a selection is steady then the automation tool should be very good at scalping, but it seems to me that your upside is a tick or two, but your downside can be easily 10 ticks or more. If that is the case then we need 10 times more successful ticks?

I did experiment for a day with small stakes, opening with a lay at best mkt price, and I ended up winning and losing about the same. So my thoughts turned to trying to identify the bad trades and cutting them out - but we only have wom with the automation tools and I am not convinced that is any use predicting a trend?
mister man

chip...you can put in a trailling stop offset in your parameters to solve this.
chipping

thanks for that idea, I will have a go at it.

I have had a day executing an in-play strategy for the horses using automation and it has worked really well.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”