Guardian Trigger Condition Help!

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Euler

If you want to replicate that, they you copy the rule and applying to each selection as suggested above. The idea of the Guardian automation is to make it as flexible as possible so you can create pretty much whatever criteria you want.

The average field size is ten runners so if you create a main rule then copy that rule to cover 20 runners you will catch the vast majority of races.
Jamesy

From your comments I am assuming: not to do it by Applies to selection “in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)” because if the horse goes to favourite with odds less than 5 then drifts out then comes back in again the same horse could get backed/ triggered many times.
So I am assuming the best way to do it is by Applies to selection “in row (betfair order)” and copy this rule for say 20 betfair order positions.
As I only want it to trigger/back any horse once can you please confirm what I select in the bottom of the General tab Allow rule to trigger up to X times.
I am assuming I put a “1” in this
What I don’t understand is the Wait X seconds before rearming
If I only want it to trigger 1 time I don’t want it to rearm do I? but there is no option to say you don’t want it to rearm? so what do I enter here?
Euler

It's tough to walk somebody through an automation set up as there are so many pitfalls you can encounter on the way and so many variations. It's impossible for us to support at this level really. The best way to achieve any automation it is to start with a really simple rule on one runner then build out from there.

What you are trying to do is error trap. You could set up this rule but what happens for examlpe if the market freaks out somehow, you need to introduce additional checks perhaps such as if there is an unmatched bet in the sytem. This is why it is good to start simple and expand the rule from there. Once it is working as expected then you can go for a full implementation.
So I am assuming the best way to do it is by Applies to selection “in row (betfair order)” and copy this rule for say 20 betfair order positions.
As I only want it to trigger/back any horse once can you please confirm what I select in the bottom of the General tab Allow rule to trigger up to X times.
I am assuming I put a “1” in this
What I don’t understand is the Wait X seconds before rearming
If I only want it to trigger 1 time I don’t want it to rearm do I? but there is no option to say you don’t want it to rearm? so what do I enter here?
I think you want to apply to row (betfair order). Select to trigger only once. Most trading strategies involve firing more than once so that's why we allow you to re-arm.

Build a really basic implementation of this on one runner, test it and if it works the way you expect then refine it before copying the rule to another runner and testing again. When you are happy it is working as expected and you have trapped any errors then you can put it on all the other runners.
Jamesy

Thanks for your prompt reply,I will do a couple of practice mode runs first with a couple of runners.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”