Guardian Trigger Condition Help!

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Totty2457

Hi guys,

I am currently manually using Betangel Automation to trigger a bet when a horse hits a certain price in running. I am not asking it to trigger a specific horse, moreover i apply the condition to EVERY horse in the race (by using the ALL Back tick box within Automation tab),

This is fine and works but I am wondering how to do this within Guardian. Is there a way?

I have set up the General rules and the parameters for the trigger within Guardian but the conditions within Guardian seem to want to point me to triggering a specific horse (or position in the market). I have tried to use 'Back ALL Selections' but this just automatically places a bet into the market on ALL horses as soon as ONE of the horses reaches the trigger. I only want to trigger a bet on a horse if THAT horse has reached my price I set, but want to apply this to EVERY horse in the race...

Does this make sense what I am trying to achieve?

Can anyone shed light please?

Thanks in advance!
Euler

If you use Back all it does what is says on the tin, it backs everything at the price you have nominated.

It depends a lot on what you are trying to do, but you could set up a rule to back when the price of a runner is exceeded. If you are trying to catch the leader for example you could set up the rule to apply in order of favourtism then you will have a rule that backs at a nominated price when the favourite reaches a certain price.

Or you could create an individual rule, copy that rule but change it to apply to each runner in the field. If Bet Angel tries to bet runner 20 in a six runner field the bet will just fail and not be placed.
Totty2457

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I have explained my question very well.

What I am getting at is...

Ignore Guardian for a second. In Betangel Automation Settings I set, for example, the Back Automation Rules as follows...

If Current odds >= 1.01 and odds <=3 and WOM <= 100% Place at 3

Then, I go to the Automation tab and click the checkbox 'ALL BACK' as soon as the market is in-play. Then just let it run.

Basically, my question is... 'How do I simply replicate this within Guardian?'

Thanks again hopefully!
Jamesy

I am looking to do the same, an answer would be appreciated, even if the answer is that it is not possible
Thanks in advance
legendz

Ok hi, im assuming you want to back the first horse that reaches that price , if you do this is how you do it , create the rule the inplay etc etc , then in the general tab select place a back bet, set the rule to selection (position in order of favouritism) then set the rule to trigger only once. so far you have set guardian to fire 1 bet on the favourite, now in parameters you need to set your price i.e minimum stake , whatever. now you need to enter your conditions , i would suggest a couple , i would use fixed odds condition ( the selections back price is equal or lower to (your price) then i would use the same condition again but the selections last traded price is less than (your price). Once you have done this guardian will select the fav if it changes in the race it will always select the fav(lowest price). the first horse to reach the price will be backed , BINGO!!!!!!

a couple of pointers , use the advance settings to restrict the refresh this will make sure guardian focuses only on the race that is taking place.

if you set your prces as 3 for example and your fixed price as 3 , the 1 second in play delay may stop you getting matched , so for this i would set your fixed bet at a lower price even if you set it at 1.01 you will get matched at the best price anyway , also when you set your conditions you may want to set them a little higher than 3 so the price has more chance of being available when the bet fires .

Think that should have covered everything.

Lee
legendz

I was just thinking after typing all that out ,it would be a lot quicker to create the rule and post the file , is this possible im sure Peter has posted a file before with a set of rules .
Jamesy

As per the first post, the idea is to back all, not just current fav, if the trigger is met, with the non guardian automation you can: ALL Back tick box within Automation tab, then just unselect the ones that you don't want.
legendz

it should still work with those conditions just change the rule to back all. ask your self why you are unchecking the selections then see if guardian can replicate this . other than that i cant help.
Jamesy

When I select Back all in the general tab, it does just that backs them all, I only want them to be backed if certain conditions are met! In the Conditions tab I have selected fixed odds condition, then Current (NOT SET), what am I doing wrong? is it anything to do with in the general tab "Allow rule to trigger" settings?
Jamesy

Jamesy wrote:When I select Back all in the general tab, it does just that backs them all, I only want them to be backed if certain conditions are met! In the Conditions tab I have selected fixed odds condition, then Current (NOT SET), what am I doing wrong? is it anything to do with in the general tab "Allow rule to trigger" settings?
Could someone give me an answer to this please
Euler

Your description is a bit vague.

If you set a fixed odds condition you would nominate a selection. Current as selected on the General area, or nominated by selecting a runner. You probably want current but need to set it on the general area.
Jamesy

It is still not working for me
These are the full detail of all my settings:
General tab:
Rule Name: “Guard1”
Rule Type “Back all selections”
Rule Trigger Times: selected “Relative to in-play time”
Arm trigger at 00:00:01 after event goes in-play
Until 00:06:00 after event goes in-play
Allow rule to trigger up to “1” times Wait “2” seconds before rearming
Parameters Tab:
Place at “Fixed price”
Odds “4.8”
Stake “Fixed amount” £”2”
Global Setting: none
Conditions Tab:
Only one rule which is:
Condition Type “Fixed Odds condition
Selection “Current (NOT SET) is selected
The selection’s “Back price”
Is “less than” “5”
What I want it to do is when a horse race is in-play if the odds for any selection fall below 5 then to put in an offer to back it at 4.8. But it is backing all the selections at any price as soon as the race goes in-play!!!!
I can do this correctly easily on the non Guardian automation so thought it should be easy to do with Guardian, or am I just being thick?
NR169

Hi

I think you could do it like this. If I am wrong then apologies and I will learn something as well. Write the rule exactly as you have it but change "Back All Selections" to "Place Back Bet". Then Set the "Applies to selection" 1 in betfair Index Order. Once the rule is written you can copy it say 30 times and change the "Applies to selection" to 2, 3 etc etc. This can all be within the same Automation.

More experianced users may shoot me down but I think that would do it.

Best wishes
Euler

I'm brain dead after a busy day, but that's roughly right. Though you wouldn't need to copy each rule because you could apply it by order of favourtism and that would only back the shortest price at the point it fires.

If you use 'back all', Bet Angel will do just that and back everything when that condition is met, so you don't want to use the back all command.
Jamesy

Thanks for that, I will give it a go.
I am a bit disappointed that it doesn’t just work like it does in the non Guardian auto system, I thought Guardian was supposed to be more advanced!! I will add it to the “suggestions” section.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”