close trade profit condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
pokerhead

Watch does close trade profit condition do in guardian?am looking to close a trade if a certain loss is met can I do this in guardian?appreciate any help
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Green all hedges your position to a profit or loss using that condition. Close trade will close an open position but not hedge your profit across the book. Hope that helps.
steven1976

Is it possible to close the trade by offering to the book rather than taking what is on offer? So for example, if I have multiple positions I backed at different prices, say 3.05, 3.10, 3.15, could I close all 3 positions at 3.10 rather than taking what's on offer at 3.15?
Euler

If you a trading with a fixed stake you could 'look up' the profit and offer to close with a standard bet?
steven1976

Thanks Peter.;)
steven1976

Euler wrote:If you a trading with a fixed stake you could 'look up' the profit and offer to close with a standard bet?
Still having trouble with this. When i try and close by profit being xx, I can only get it to offer the money to the market once there is money on offer. Is there a way to look up a profit and offer to the market a net position into a queue rather than wait until the money is there to take?

I guess Im looking for similar to an offset immediately going into the market but on a position of multiple entries?
kelpie

The only workaround is to order "Best market price" or to be safe "Second best market price" once the LTP goes below x

This said, what you're experiencing is exactly why I say betfair is not a true exchange because it blocks stop limit orders. Betfair will only facilitate exchanges on assets declining in value...
steven1976

Thanks Kelpie ill see if I can get my head around it with LTP.

Is this not a feature from BA that could be introduced for closing a trade in automation rather than BF blocking something? I can offer money immediately on the ladder by offering at a net position rather than taking money on offer, so I presume it could be a feature for automation in the future to close a net position by adding it immediately to a queue rather than having to wait until money is on offer?
kelpie

Steven - I hear you, but betfair doesn't want traders to have that option. so they will bump your back upwards to the latest matched price or down the cheapest lay

Like I say, betfair only facilitates depreciating assets. A horse at 2.0 has very different value to one at 30.0 but try placing an order on 2.0...
steven1976

Hi Kelpie
Ill try and write up an example of what I'm wanting to do either today or tomorrow as I don't think what I'm looking to do matters about bf. Its probably just me not getting my head around automation.

Cheers
Ste

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”