Automation Help - Change Runner Name

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
seale

I am fine with setting up the basic rules (e.g. odds>x, time > x, for a specific runner e.g Horse A) and then saving the automation rule.

The problem is, I want to then allocate this rule to a different race and then just change the runner that it applies to (same rules, except apply to Horse B).

Is there any way to do this where I do not need to create a new rule every time? i.e. just need an easy way to change the horse in each rule.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Rather than applying the rule to the selection 'by name', look into the other options....

'by row index' - where you'll just apply it to the first, second, third row as returned from betfair.

'by position (sorted in order of favouritism)' - where a value of 1 will be the current favourite, 2 will be the one with the second best price etc.

That'll create you a generic rule that can be applied to multiple markets. Then it's just a case of applying appropriate conditions to the rule so that it triggers when you want. i.e. You could filter by price, by number of runners, by weight of money, by book %age etc.

You may also want to use the 'Fix the Order of the Market Selections' rule. When triggered, the order of favouritism is fixed. So if you trigger it 30 seconds into a race and then start triggering back and lay rules on runner 1, you can be sure they'll all apply to the same runner. i.e. The runner that had the lowest odds when the order was fixed (at 30 seconds).
seale

The fix the order will help me. I'll have to create a different rule for each runner number, but once set up it will make life a lot easier. Thanks for your help.
Cobra44

Hi All,

I am just getting used to Guardian and using the automation feature and was very interested to read this topic as I was having the same problem.

So to clarify, is it better to set up one rule to apply to the selection in row one. Another rule for the selection in row two, another for row three and so on?
Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cobra44

Hi,

I had a similar question regarding changing the selection name. So if I understand correctly, does that mean that if I use "row index" as the parameter I just need to create 3 identical rules but just alter the row index for each?

Then perhaps label each rule as Row 1, Row 2, Row 3 and so on?
doncht

So if I understand correctly, does that mean that if I use "row index" as the parameter I just need to create 3 identical rules but just alter the row index for each?
Hi. I'm not pretty sure if that's the case but I'll try to replicate this myself and see what the results will be.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”