Lay the field sometimes missfires

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
zumik83

Hello.

Can somebody explain why do some races that I've automated with a Lay The Field rule @1.01 or so gets to the point where all the unmatched bets are canceled ? I mean I have all the races with x unmatched bets and when I later check the Guardian there are a few of them with 0 unmatched bets ... the rest of them are fine. Why is that happening ?

Thanks.
mbailey1705

Hi,

This will almost certainly be due to a NR occuring in that particular race.

Betfair cancel all unmatched LAY bets when a horse is withdrawn of a sizeable book %. So unless it is one of the rank outsiders at a big price that is withdrawn, your lay bets will be cancelled.

Can't remember the exact book % but its in the Betfair help somewhere.

They do this to protect the layers for obvious reasons.
zumik83

Hi,

I was pretty sure it was Betfair evolved... Is it a way to trigger the rule a second time without affecting the races that are good to go ?

Thank you.
doncht

Hi mbailey1705, just curios about this. I'm still getting the hand of this software. May I please ask on how you were able to resolve this?
mbailey1705

Hi,

Assuming you are looking to lay horses at a set price before the off (maybe to catch a fat finger etc), then just use a simple Bet Angel automation file.

Using the conditions, you can make it only fire in the lay bet if there are NO unmatched bets on the selection. You might also only want to apply the rule when the horses odds are over a certain price etc.

Make sure you test any such automation in practice mode as you are sure to make the odd error in the rules initially. I certainly did and in live mode such errors could be very costly.

Hope this helps...

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”