New beta version of Bet Angel v1.46.0

Bonnie

One other thing, with my Refresh set at 200ms and Streaming off, the Betfair Data Request Counter is usually at 20. When I activate streaming the Data Request Counter drops to 14 or 15.
evertonian

I've just been testing the New Streaming on the Beta Version v 1.46.0 tonight using Lay the Draw various strategies on Practice Mode. The Lay bet has placed but the Green up has not. It has only happened on the Streaming Version as the previous Automation has worked perfectly for the last couple of months. Is there any reason for this ? It has only happened on the Match Odds markets. The 2.5 and 1.5 goals markets have greened up OK.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

evertonian wrote:Is there any reason for this ? It has only happened on the Match Odds markets.
No known problems in that area, but if it happens again, send the rule file into support and we'll try to recreate it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

For anyone that is stuck on 'Stopped' when it should be 'Streaming' - we've updated the download links in this thread - please download and install again and let us know if there's an improvement. We've yet to see the issue in our development environment, but know that this recent change has fixed the issue for one user and hope it will help others too.
winevaults

i am getting error code 6 when i try and open this version with a message saying contact administrator
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

winevaults wrote:i am getting error code 6 when i try and open this version with a message saying contact administrator
Use the link from the first post of this thread. It sounds like you've used the Server Edition link that is only suitable for Bet Angel VPS.
Wildly

Bet Angel wrote:For anyone that is stuck on 'Stopped' when it should be 'Streaming' - we've updated the download links in this thread - please download and install again and let us know if there's an improvement. We've yet to see the issue in our development environment, but know that this recent change has fixed the issue for one user and hope it will help others too.
This got it to 'Streaming'. Worked for a while. Now completely frozen Bet Angel twice to the point where only exit was 'End Task'
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wildly wrote:This got it to 'Streaming'. Worked for a while. Now completely frozen Bet Angel twice to the point where only exit was 'End Task'
That's the only frozen report we've had from v1.46.0. Use Bet Angel with streaming switched off for a while to check that works properly on your PC, then contact support and we can go into more depth.
LinusP

Good work to get this pushed out as a beta, out of interest have you done much tests on what happens if streaming goes down? Does it automatically switch to polling or do you have to switch streaming off?

It would be great if betfair had an api for the status of the various endpoints that can then be fed into the trading environment such as BA.
xitian

LinusP wrote:It would be great if betfair had an api for the status of the various endpoints that can then be fed into the trading environment such as BA.
That's a good idea!

In the meantime I guess you could always just scrape their status page.
http://status.developer.betfair.com/
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Bet Angel wrote:For anyone that is stuck on 'Stopped' when it should be 'Streaming' - we've updated the download links in this thread - please download and install again and let us know if there's an improvement. We've yet to see the issue in our development environment, but know that this recent change has fixed the issue for one user and hope it will help others too.
I too was stuck on 'Stopped' for the last couple of days. But the Beta 2 download appears to have fixed this for me. I now see 'Streaming'

Many thanks for the quick turnaround.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

LinusP wrote:Good work to get this pushed out as a beta, out of interest have you done much tests on what happens if streaming goes down? Does it automatically switch to polling or do you have to switch streaming off?
If Bet Angel loses connection with the Streaming servers it will try to reconnect automatically - once connection is reestablished, Bet Angel will receive anything that was missed in the interim so that prices are brought up to date and no bet change messages will be lost. It will not automatically switch off streaming, but you could choose to do so yourself via the Settings window and Bet Angel will revert to the normal API.

When you switch on Exchange Streaming in the settings window, it will attempt connection and if that first connection fails, then it'll just use the normal API.

We have yet to see a situation where betfair's streaming goes down, but the normal API remains active, but if that occurs we'll experiment with the code to see what sort of errors occur during stream recovery.
Tuco

I've re-installed v1.46.0 beta_2 and this version IS now showing [Streaming] whereas the previous original betaversion was only ever showing [Stopped]
megarain

Cricket-runs market :

Just want to confirm, this appears to be working fine in the new beta .. I dunno who works on the P/L algorithm, but, i think they need a raise :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

:D Thanks - I'll pass on your appreciation

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”