New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 pm
" •Extra bet cancellation options have been added – you can now cancel back and/or lay bets on the other selections in the market rather than just on the selection itself"

...thank you - great work BA :)
The additional greening options on the one-click screen have also been included in this build, they can be set up as a custom columns with a servant and History list to retrieve the reverse green price/s you want to use.
I'll be uploading a step by step guide with the ready-made servants before the weekend if you've not managed to set it up before then

Reverse Green OC Screen 2.jpg
Reverse Green +10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Good work all around from suggestions to implementation. A big and useful update which I very much appreciate!
  ­
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 am
New options have been added to the General tab:
A rule can now apply to EVERY selection in the market.
Will this lower resource usage every refresh vs. having 8 copies of the same thing applied to Runners 1 through 8? If so, to what degree?

Have a couple of complicated projects I may be able to bring back to life now and run from my travel laptop which is great.
Korattt

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:31 pm
:geek: coool..marker..cool :ugeek:
finally see my vwap from all selections on a straight line...YOU move ...i move.
those Servant context prices ,outside the current asking prices are within my sight...how cool is that!!
LEGENDERY

( ( ( (( ***** )
fly angel FLYYY !!
that is achieved via manually adjusting the ladders & not via automation isn’t it?, would be great if were able to centre the ladder via a SV?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

eightbo wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:29 pm
Will this lower resource usage every refresh vs. having 8 copies of the same thing applied to Runners 1 through 8? If so, to what degree?
It'd probably be very similar as they both need to loop round 8 runners. It either 8 rules doing one thing or one rule doing 8 things.
Automation is really optimised anyway and not a resource hog. Only extensive logging of Automation has been found to slow it down in the past as the logged text became too bulky, but that's been improved a lot with this build using the paging concept in the log.
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:15 pm
Tuco wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 pm
" •Extra bet cancellation options have been added – you can now cancel back and/or lay bets on the other selections in the market rather than just on the selection itself"

...thank you - great work BA :)
The additional greening options on the one-click screen have also been included in this build, they can be set up as a custom columns with a servant and History list to retrieve the reverse green price/s you want to use.
I'll be uploading a step by step guide with the ready-made servants before the weekend if you've not managed to set it up before then

Reverse Green +10.jpg
...great stuff - just busy with the football tonight, so will update and play around with it later :)
eightbo

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:12 pm
eightbo wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:29 pm
It'd probably be very similar as they both need to loop round 8 runners. It either 8 rules doing one thing or one rule doing 8 things.
Automation is really optimised anyway and not a resource hog. Only extensive logging of Automation has been found to slow it down in the past as the logged text became too bulky, but that's been improved a lot with this build using the paging concept in the log.
Thanks for the info. I used to log all my stored values so that was v. likely a factor.
Follow up Q; Is 20ms 10x heavier on resources than 200ms?
tonyburn

Brilliant! The best trading platform just got even better! 8-)
Dabbla

Some good additions. :D :) :D
Would it be possible to have a more generic chart ?
The file I was testing this with calculates a range between -6 and 6.
None of the charts really fit that range.
Secondly
A back/Lay all except command would be real handy.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

eightbo wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Follow up Q; Is 20ms 10x heavier on resources than 200ms?
If your PC can cope with 20ms without throttling then yes it’s roughly ten times harder on the PC than 200ms. Bet Angel is written to use the refresh rate as a target and will self throttle when required based on other demands on the CPU on the PC... it’s almost like a game that aims for a target number of ‘frames per second’. The aim is always to run a smoothly as possible rather than bottleneck if the refresh rate is too fast for that particular few seconds on the PC.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm
Would it be possible to have a more generic chart ?
The file I was testing this with calculates a range between -6 and 6.
Could you rescale to a percentage with 0% as -6, and 100% as +6?
If so you could use the Weight of Money chart and plot a horizontal constant line at 50%.
Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm
A back/Lay all except command would be real handy.
If I remember correctly, the Back All & Lay All commands use a single entered price (as it hooks into the facility from the manual betting screen). So is that what you need? E.g lay all runners at 1.3 apart from the runner specified in the rule (or the Servant Context if that’s your trigger method)?
Dabbla

Rescaling is not a problem that’s easy enough to do. Its was just the first problem I came up against, so thought I would mention it.
The Back/Lay all would be for more of, Back all except fav instead of laying the fav.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 pm
The Back/Lay all would be for more of, Back all except fav instead of laying the fav.
Just wanted to check you’d be happy to Back All at the same low fixed price, and let betfair match at the best price available at the time, rather than needing each one backed at their own best price or (best price less 3 ticks) etc? I.e Just checking that ‘Back All’ except one is actually suitable rather than actually wanting to place individual back bets at their own specific prices? How would you get the staking correct for the back bets if you don’t know exactly what price it’ll match at?

Lay one and Back All bar one is pretty much the same thing on betfair when using the markets with cross matching enabled, so not sure it’s worth risking a back all where one of the bets might not match as expected.
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 pm
Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 pm
Just wanted to check you’d be happy to Back All at the same low fixed price, and let betfair match at the best price available at the time, rather than needing each one backed at their own best price or (best price less 3 ticks) etc? I.e Just checking that ‘Back All’ except one is actually suitable rather than actually wanting to place individual back bets at their own specific prices? How would you get the staking correct for the back bets if you don’t know exactly what price it’ll match at?

Lay one and Back All bar one is pretty much the same thing on betfair when using the markets with cross matching enabled, so not sure it’s worth risking a back all where one of the bets might not match as expected.

It would need to be individual bets, best price or SV ,ticks -+.

I have a one click screen for football that does the above already. It Backs the home or lays the away and draw depending on the what’s the best price. That matches at best price.

Really what I want to do is make a bigger version that can cover more runners.

The staking would need to be SV for the individual runners as well

The screen shot was something I started messing about over the weekend to give you an idea.
The highlight rules would become one rule and open ended.
BBBA.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

Reverse Green +10.jpg
That looks good, though I would have thought a column similar to the existing "Trade Closure P & L" (current odds) column would have sufficed - and easier for people to quickly add from the "Choose columns to display in the grid" window, though being called "Trade Closure P & L" (reverse odds) and also with the greening option box.

I'm afraid I'm going to need to wait for a little help (step by step guide) in setting up the custom column with a servant History list. I do like the columns you've created though - nice work!

I'll take another look at it in the morning :)
Last edited by Tuco on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcgoo

'*kn ell..that is an almighty update :shock: . So tempting to go down the automation rabbit hole again but wifey nearly divorced me the last time :lol: ..and I think my middle aged brain might have too many tabs open. Nice work nontheless BA team
so tempting to jump back in 8-) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”