New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

Dabbla

Rescaling is not a problem that’s easy enough to do. Its was just the first problem I came up against, so thought I would mention it.
The Back/Lay all would be for more of, Back all except fav instead of laying the fav.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 pm
The Back/Lay all would be for more of, Back all except fav instead of laying the fav.
Just wanted to check you’d be happy to Back All at the same low fixed price, and let betfair match at the best price available at the time, rather than needing each one backed at their own best price or (best price less 3 ticks) etc? I.e Just checking that ‘Back All’ except one is actually suitable rather than actually wanting to place individual back bets at their own specific prices? How would you get the staking correct for the back bets if you don’t know exactly what price it’ll match at?

Lay one and Back All bar one is pretty much the same thing on betfair when using the markets with cross matching enabled, so not sure it’s worth risking a back all where one of the bets might not match as expected.
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 pm
Dabbla wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 pm
Just wanted to check you’d be happy to Back All at the same low fixed price, and let betfair match at the best price available at the time, rather than needing each one backed at their own best price or (best price less 3 ticks) etc? I.e Just checking that ‘Back All’ except one is actually suitable rather than actually wanting to place individual back bets at their own specific prices? How would you get the staking correct for the back bets if you don’t know exactly what price it’ll match at?

Lay one and Back All bar one is pretty much the same thing on betfair when using the markets with cross matching enabled, so not sure it’s worth risking a back all where one of the bets might not match as expected.

It would need to be individual bets, best price or SV ,ticks -+.

I have a one click screen for football that does the above already. It Backs the home or lays the away and draw depending on the what’s the best price. That matches at best price.

Really what I want to do is make a bigger version that can cover more runners.

The staking would need to be SV for the individual runners as well

The screen shot was something I started messing about over the weekend to give you an idea.
The highlight rules would become one rule and open ended.
BBBA.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

The additional greening options on the one-click screen have also been included in this build, they can be set up as a custom columns with a servant and History list to retrieve the reverse green price/s you want to use.
I'll be uploading a step by step guide with the ready-made servants before the weekend if you've not managed to set it up before then

Reverse Green OC Screen 2.jpg

Reverse Green +10.jpg
That looks good, though I would have thought a column similar to the existing "Trade Closure P & L" (current odds) column would have sufficed - and easier for people to quickly add from the "Choose columns to display in the grid" window, though being called "Trade Closure P & L" (reverse odds) and also with the greening option box.

I'm afraid I'm going to need to wait for a little help (step by step guide) in setting up the custom column with a servant History list. I do like the columns you've created though - nice work!

I'll take another look at it in the morning :)
Last edited by Tuco on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcgoo

'*kn ell..that is an almighty update :shock: . So tempting to go down the automation rabbit hole again but wifey nearly divorced me the last time :lol: ..and I think my middle aged brain might have too many tabs open. Nice work nontheless BA team
so tempting to jump back in 8-) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
decomez6

Korattt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:15 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:31 pm
:geek: coool..marker..cool :ugeek:
finally see my vwap from all selections on a straight line...YOU move ...i move.
those Servant context prices ,outside the current asking prices are within my sight...how cool is that!!
LEGENDERY

( ( ( (( ***** )
fly angel FLYYY !!
that is achieved via manually adjusting the ladders & not via automation isn’t it?, would be great if were able to centre the ladder via a SV?
Holly molly! That will serve as an indicator on its own merit.
Until then , I am Recentering manually.
Anbell

Great work everybody.

EVERY SELECTION is a work of art
andyrich2

Would it be possible for a worked example of how to set up the markers feature as shown in the release notes, with the border around the price 60 secs ago and o on and so forth, just can't seem to work out how to get that functioning.
STARBUCK62

I have the price to be marked as historical data
The value held in? I am not sure what to put in here
60 seconds ago
then the selection.
They are not appearing on my ladder as I have said before I am not very clever when it comes to things like this, even if it may appear obvious and laughable to others, I am nearly 60 and my grey matter is not what it used to be.
Will there be videos showing all these new settings and how to set them up?
jimibt

STARBUCK62 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:35 am
60 seconds ago
then the selection.
They are not appearing on my ladder as I have said before I am not very clever when it comes to things like this, even if it may appear obvious and laughable to others, I am nearly 60 and my grey matter is not what it used to be.
I think Dallas mentioned that he was going to ceate a worked example of this very feature. it certainly seems to be the one function that's got everyone's imaginations going ;)
STARBUCK62

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:23 am

The screen shot was something I started messing about over the weekend to give you an idea.
OK, I'm getting a better idea of want you need. The new EVERY option for selections would allows you to condense 'backing all' down from 'one rule per selection' to just 'one rule' and still allow staking on a per runner basis either using book% or a named Stored Value per selection, but of course that would be backing everything. If we were to create a condition that tested if the current selection was not a selection chosen in the condition then that would create your 'all but one' concept. And if required two instances of the condition could be added to create an 'all but two' scenario.

It only makes sense to use the condition with EVERY or ALL selection options, but I can see it could be pretty useful and flexible. For instance someone could create a generic rule that does something as long as the selection isn't the favourite or second favourite at the time.
Dallas

andyrich2 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:47 am
Would it be possible for a worked example of how to set up the markers feature as shown in the release notes, with the border around the price 60 secs ago and o on and so forth, just can't seem to work out how to get that functioning.
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 am
STARBUCK62 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:35 am
60 seconds ago
then the selection.
I think Dallas mentioned that he was going to ceate a worked example of this very feature. it certainly seems to be the one function that's got everyone's imaginations going ;)
Here you's go
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=21252
jamesg46

STARBUCK62 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:45 am
Capture.PNG
If you run this file using Guardian and then add the SV name into the Marker area you have screenshot then the timed intervals will highlight on your ladder. You can change the times to suit.
andyrich2

Thanks to all for help with earlier query/question.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”