New Version - 1.27.0 Beta

toptrader

I seem to be having problems with the auto clear binding (on greyhound markets)
I've been running my spreadsheet for a while but it hasn't ever successfullly unbound my excel after the market has settled

[screenshot attached shows the time as some 16 mins after the market has finished but the sheet is still bound. You can see i have auto clear binding selected (and also i have restricted refresh set to 2 mins before and 3 mins after the market start time)]

I wonder if the problem could be that auto clear bidning doesn't check the market if it is settled outside of the restricted refresh time so it won't ever unbind the market?

This could be an issue as I wouldn't want to have to allow up to 20 mins for the market to be settled as the next couple of races start before then so I'll completely miss these and the new functionality defeats it's own purpose

Easiest fix (if my guess of the issue is correct) would be for the auto clear binding to do it's thing as soon as the markets fall outside fo the restricted refresh time if it's set. this would work perfectly!

Please let me know if any Qs

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toptrader

Yep, testing it a bit more, the issue is that the auto-clear bindings fails to do it's trick if the restricted refresh is set and the market settles outside this time

There's another reason also that BA should unbind the sheets as soon as the market falls outside the restrcited refresh, as otherwise the autobinding process could bind the new sheets in the wrong order, depending on the order the market is settled

Again, a little complex to explain but if you are betting on the Win and Place market and you are very careful to set up all the sheets in excel in this order, but then the Place market is settled by betfair first (often the case), then for the next market the sheets will fall out of order as BA will immediately unbind the first market to be settled and then rebind the next available market

Please let me know if this makes sense, happy to explain further on this forum or take offline.

thanks
gutuami

I have noticed that with restricted refresh on: sometimes the ladder do not refresh itself {it becomes blank grey} if the focus is on guardian or other windows. Or might be my video driver playing up.. will do more tests
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

toptrader wrote:...BA should unbind the sheets as soon as the market falls outside the restrcited refresh
That makes perfect sense - there's no point in Guardian keeping the excel binding when the market falls outside the restricted refresh time window as the market will not be refreshed again.

We'll make that change in the next build of the beta.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dan001 wrote:Good stuff!
Am I right in thinking that the new excel functionality would allow you to achieve the same outcome of connecting to BetAngel-auto-trade.xls from the excel tab to trade throughout the day, with connecting to BetAngel_1.xls from Gardian using the Restricted Refresh option in conjunction with the Auto-bind facility?
Pretty much, yes. Depending on the size of the time window you've assigned to the restricted refresh, you may need a few pages in the spreadsheet to cover the situation where more than one market falls inside the time window (and is therefore bound at the same time), but yes these features will allow you to cover a whole day's racing. Once we've implemented toptrader's suggestion you'll need even less spreadsheet pages as you won't be waiting for a previous market to settle before re-binding the page.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

gutuami wrote:I have noticed that with restricted refresh on: sometimes the ladder do not refresh itself {it becomes blank grey} if the focus is on guardian or other windows. Or might be my video driver playing up.. will do more tests
We can't immediately think of any reason why the restricted refresh would affect the ladder as their is no connection in the code, but let us know what you find after further tests. You could check your Communication settings and Refresh rates in Bet Angel and Guardian to make sure the data request limiter isn't blocking too many requests, but even so we wouldn't expect that to cause the ladder to go a blank grey.
toptrader

Hi BetAngel, just want to check if you'll be posting when the next version of 1.27 Beta is released with these changes? I don't want to miss it!

Once again, thanks so much for taking the comments on board and creating an awesome piece of software.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for your comments. The new beta has just been released on our download page.

It includes:

- more rounding in the offset batches routine (to address the issue that Dabbla raised)
- a BATCHES command on the Excel spreadsheet that allows you to place offset fill or kill bets with the offset batches routine enabled.
- the improvement to the Excel unbinding as suggested by toptrader. When using restricted refresh in Guardian, unbind as soon as the time goes out of the refresh window regardless of whether the market has settled or not. If we didn't do this, the sheet may never unbind as a tight restricted refresh time window would stop Guardian from ever knowing the market had been settled.
PeterLe

Great Stuff...
Can I just ask please..is the syntax of the Excel batches command detailed anywhere??

Thanks
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The 'Bet Rules' text has been updated at the top of the spreadsheet to remind you of the syntax, but it's pretty simple:

BACK OFFSET:1 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:60 BATCHES:10
would offset the back order using up to 10 lay bets over a period of 60 seconds

BACK OFFSET:1 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:60 BATCHES:3
would offset the back order using up to 3 lay bets over a period of 60 seconds

BACK OFFSET:1 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:60 BATCHES:1
is the same as...
BACK OFFSET:1 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:60
which just waits until the whole lot has filled (or the time expired) before offsetting

In other words the number after BATCHES: equates to the number you'd enter in the global settings area if you were placing the bet with the one-click screen.
PeterLe

Got it; Thanks for your help
regards
Peter
LeTiss

Have the batches excel sheets been made available yet?

My templates folder is empty
LeTiss

Don't worry, I take that back BA

I notice a new folder called Bet Angel Limited and not Optic Limited
toptrader

New version works well with the autobinding fix so thanks for that BA!

One minor thing i've spotted, when you add new markets into Guardian, Guardian cycles through the markets immediately which causes the binding to go a bit weird and it would lose the binding for the current market for a period of time whilst it cycles through the new markets.

Probably one for the list to look into as it could upset things, I just turn the bot off before i add any new markets before turning it back on again.
lewfinforum

Please is there any chance the next version could include passing "stake" per selection through to Excel for a win only market? Please? :shock: As in the case of the place market for racing where the p&l on the selection winning is shown, but also seperately below is shown p&l if the selection loses (the amount staked), is it possible that BetAngel could please pass this "staked" value for win-markets also into the Excel spreadsheet? The reason for this request is that I can not monitor activity on any one selection if I wanted more than one selection in the same race. Or am I being dumb, and in fact even with betting on other selections it is possible to moniter amount staked on the first selection? Thanks in advance for any help

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”