Trading Politics : Stoke-on-Trent Central By-Election

Punting on politics
Post Reply
User avatar
LeTiss
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:53 am

23rd Feb, and already the liquidity suggests this is a market to keep tabs on

Fascinated by how this will turn out. It's been a Labour seat since 1950, but Stoke had the highest Leave % vote of any city in the referendum.

UKIP leader Paul Nuttell is standing, so should make this a decent trading event

Halliday
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:59 am

LeTiss wrote:23rd Feb, and already the liquidity suggests this is a market to keep tabs on

Fascinated by how this will turn out. It's been a Labour seat since 1950, but Stoke had the highest Leave % vote of any city in the referendum.

UKIP leader Paul Nuttell is standing, so should make this a decent trading event

All the more so given the Supreme Court Brexit Ruling, that legislation and a vote is required to trigger article 50.

The Labour Party say they won't frustrate it , but will be proposing amendments, which might be seen by the voters of Stoke as frustrating their wishes to leave the EU.

Not sure Mr Nuttell is the man to inspire a UKIP win tho !!!


But like you say fascinating By Election

User avatar
LeTiss
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 am

Very much so, yes

We may see some significant movement on this market today.

Samo154
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:44 am

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:32 pm

I think ukip will take stoke, labour so uninspiring at the moment

cybernet69

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 pm

If UKIP take Stoke then Mr Corbyn will more than likely be gone too. :)

User avatar
LeTiss
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 pm

As expected, big move on UKIP - backed from 2.60 to 2.16 today
Stoke.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
mjmorris335
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:29 am

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 pm

A Scouse accent anywhere outside Liverpool?

That'll go down like a pork chop at a Jewish wedding.

Mike

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 am

mjmorris335 wrote:A Scouse accent anywhere outside Liverpool?

That'll go down like a pork chop at a Jewish wedding.

Mike
If you like Stewart Lee, watch this and if you don't, don't. A little piece about Paul Nutalls and Liverpool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chowBMAduno

Nero Tulip
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:27 am

ShaunWhite wrote:
mjmorris335 wrote:A Scouse accent anywhere outside Liverpool?

That'll go down like a pork chop at a Jewish wedding.

Mike
If you like Stewart Lee, watch this and if you don't, don't. A little piece about Paul Nutalls and Liverpool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chowBMAduno
Stewart Lee fan here. Very good, admittedly polarising in his views, 52% of people probably don't like him.. :mrgreen: The longer version of that video is better, very smart routine. Second half of this -

https://youtu.be/9EHT6rNpABA?t=3m37s

Post Reply

Return to “Trading Politics”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest