US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Trump's certainly made the right choice in Judge Amy. You won't get many judges as attractive as her. :)
Trader Pat

Quiet in here overnight :)

CNN having a field day with Trump's tax returns, not sure how much difference it will make to conservative voters.

When the news broke last night somebody expected the market to move big time, there was 80k sitting at I think 1.80, I didnt manage to get a screenshot but in the end the price only came in a few ticks and now its reverting back to where it was before the news broke.
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 pm
Trump's certainly made the right choice in Judge Amy. You won't get many judges as attractive as her. :)
Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara are both judges on this seasons Americas Got talent!.
Derek27

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 pm
Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara are both judges on this seasons Americas Got talent!.
I would have picked Sofia for the Supreme Court but I'm not sure if the outfit would suit her. :)
LeTiss

We may see some significant moves tonight......the first TV battle between Trump and Biden

This should play into Trump's hands. Biden is showing genuine signs of dementia - I don't fancy his chances of outperforming Trump
jamesg46

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:03 pm
We may see some significant moves tonight......the first TV battle between Trump and Biden

This should play into Trump's hands. Biden is showing genuine signs of dementia - I don't fancy his chances of outperforming Trump
Bidens price has given some slack too right before the debate.... better get some sleep ready for the early start :D
Naffman

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Biden has almost sacrificed his campaigning (done virtually nothing the last 2 weeks) for this debate - if he doesn't do well here its game over for him imo.

I can't wait to see how he responds to disagreeing with Trump's decision to cancel air travel into the US, then criticising Trump for not doing it sooner - guess that's why they've spent these last 2 weeks preparing for it.
jamesg46

Unclassified just before the 1st debate, the Russia hoax was Hillary's plan & the Obama - Biden administration was briefed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:10 pm
Unclassified just before the 1st debate, the Russia hoax was Hillary's plan & the Obama - Biden administration was briefed.
Even as a person leaning left, Hillary was only the slightly lesser of two evils/poor options (in 2016; in a 2020 pandemic world more so). She was always dirty and more of the same old bs. The only question was if she was AS dirty as Trump claimed.

Therefore I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if it's true. Still, the timing is curious at best. Ratcliffe's predecessor, Coats, was also handpicked by Trump, and he was already blacklisted by the Russians when he stepped into the role and had nothing to lose by meddling to Trump's advantage. Anyone with more than four functioning braincells can put things together and make out that it's been held as an ace up the sleeve to such an extent that it loses all creditability as, potential, truth. In terms of the market in question here, the only relevant piece of the puzzle is how many swing voters, you'd think has between one and four braincells.

It's just yet, yet another sign that the US as a democracy and nation is broken, close to beyond repair. They'll be lucky to it into 2021 without outright civil war. Which I don't say gleefully, to be clear. Just as the tell-tell signs were there, that a spark would set off the civil unrest that's been happening (and I, unfortunately, called on here), likewise there's enough happening for the next spark to go booooooom and not like a few months back go puff.
Derek27

Moderator's struggling to keep control.
Derek27

Debate's a complete farce.
jamesedwards

Only watched the second half but Trump is smashing him to pieces. I can't see the American people voting Biden in with debate performances like this. I reckon Trump will be odds on by the middle of October.
Derek27

Trump's barely allowed him to speak. I doubt his attack on Biden's son's drug addiction will go down well.
Derek27

The moderator's impotent, completely unable to stop DT waffling and going off subject.
Emmson

jameegray1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:52 am
Only watched the second half but Trump is smashing him to pieces. I can't see the American people voting Biden in with debate performances like this. I reckon Trump will be odds on by the middle of October.
I never saw the debate (just awoke) but will not be taking you or Naffman's word for what happened. I'll just look at the market instead.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”