4.05 sp bet button.

The sport of kings.
Jimmy

Hi Anyone,

As a caution I decided to click taksSP all on BetAngel as I have done in the past. But this time I look at another market then came back and god nows why BetAngel has submitted the bet to Betfair and now I can't cancel the sp bet in the Unmatched bet tab or even on Betfair. Is this something new.? I normally use it to make sure I dont go in running but now it seems as thought I can't use that now.? I have already rung up betfair and they have confirmed that I am stuff and the bet will be placed at starting price at 4.05.

Thanks

Jimmy
Jimmy

Please see attachment. I can't cancel the bet even thought its displayed. Also note that its states the bet is 0 when infact its £77. Its also states the odds are also 0.

Thanks

Jimmy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hgodden

Strange. I suppose you will just have to put in a counter order to offset it
Jimmy

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about, I just hope that Betfair place the bet etc and that I don't get stuff in running. Down side is I don't no what the starting price is going to be. But by the looks of it I am going to get stuffed. I would have thought BetAngel would have given me a reply. I have also emailed the support desk.

Cheers

Jimmy
Last edited by Jimmy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyfuller

The SP now is not representative of what it will be near the off, it will be much tighter near the off - I would say you will be fine. Just make sure you place the correct counter order. Your order is not anything massive so you will not skew the SP with your order alone. At worse you will lose a couple of ticks though if you do it correctly you shouldn't lose anything.
Last edited by andyfuller on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that I will do it now and I will post to let you know how I got on.

Cheers

Jimmy
andyfuller

Hopefully worked out okay for you - SP was about 2 ticks higher than LTP. I just hope you didn't let your lay run ;)
Jimmy

Hi,
odds at off about 3.15 ish. SP went in running matched about 3 seconds after in running at 3.72 Which was a bit odd.

I had to click one click a couple of times to get a loss in the end of £13.77.

I just new I was going to get stuffed, mind you not as bad as I thought. Last time I was stuffed by Betfair I lost over £200.

Thanks for the people who replied maybe BetAngel should employ or at least give you some money for your support and do you think they will give me my loss of £13.77??

Its not the money its just the principle of the matter.

Thanks

Jimmy
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Betfair have adjusted the market and turned your take SP at inplay order to an outright SP order. This often happens if a non runner is declared and there is an adjustment.
Jimmy

Interesting. But not this time the two horses that were withdrawn was out of the money and I am pretty sure that the were withdrawn before I started trading that race. Also why does BetAngel show that there is a bet to cancel.????
If that is the case why are traders told to click the take sp at inplay when this can happen and it could be quite costly.??

Cheers

Jimmy
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have raised the issue of why take SP orders at inplay are converted to SP orders when an adjustment is made, but Betfair haven't offered any solutions to the issue.

If you place an SP order in the market is will show at 0 & 0 via the API. Therefore at some point your take SP order was converted to an SP order and only one entity can do that, Betfair.
Yoshiii

Too bad Dvinsky didn't run a little better, thought it had a big chance here. So did you lay that fav after all? Too bad otherwise :(
andyfuller

Looks like the first WD - was before 12.28 and the second one was 14.56 but can't be 100% sure on those times, I am just going off the Betfair Live Information window. You would have to check with befair when the WD was done on the market and when you placed your bet.

However, I have learn't something new today - I never new about this issue so thanks for that anyway.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”