Offset Bet Matching Nonsense

The sport of kings.
MAGTRADEUK

I came here from using another type of software and was somewhat shocked and surprised to see my lay be being matched before my back bet when it was the back side I placed first. Not what I was expecting, I suppose I too will now have to use my old software if I want to place that type of trade, with the other software I used this seem to work as expected. So I am a bit confused as too how this is an issue and does not operate the same as other vendors software when offset trading.
firlandsfarm

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:04 pm
I came here from using another type of software and was somewhat shocked and surprised to see my lay be being matched before my back bet when it was the back side I placed first. Not what I was expecting, I suppose I too will now have to use my old software if I want to place that type of trade, with the other software I used this seem to work as expected. So I am a bit confused as too how this is an issue and does not operate the same as other vendors software when offset trading.
Hi MAGTRADE … not all software works the same not one way is right and neither wrong so long as they can both achieve the required end result. If I'm right in thinking you want to place a bet (lay bet in this instance) and don't want to 'oppose' it (back in this instance) until the lay is filled then you just simply include a "fill or kill" requirement. That way the opposing bet is not placed until the initial bet is filled although you can ask for the initial bet to be opposed in tranches as it is taken up if you want. I guess on advantage this facility offers is that you can play it either way … the way you saw it working or the way you want it to work. :) BA does have what some (including me) see as 'peculiarities" but they are usually there for a reason and there is usually a way to achieve what you want but I agree that can sometimes be a little frustrating. :)
Tuco

I think he was wanting his back bet to be matched (perhaps in full) before his lay bet was fired into the market - of course we don't know what settings he had but clearly he didn't use the place/fill/kill option properly and/or the offset batches option or perhaps he didn't have the global setting button checked? Everything is possible once you know how to make the best of the software, so as all things in life, best to put it down to experience and consider the cost an investment of your future success ;)
Euler

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:04 pm
So I am a bit confused as too how this is an issue and does not operate the same as other vendors software when offset trading.
We implemented it first so when others copied the introduced other characteristics to it, not the other way around. It's possible to get Bet Angel to do pretty much anything, so just ask.
Tuco

Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 pm
It's possible to get Bet Angel to do pretty much anything, so just ask.
...correct! :)
firlandsfarm

Tuco wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:44 pm
I think he was wanting his back bet to be matched (perhaps in full) before his lay bet was fired into the market
Quite right Tuco, my apologies MAGTRADE, but what Tuco and I said holds good … use Fill/Kill to control when the opposite bet is placed.
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 pm
It's possible to get Bet Angel to do pretty much anything, so just ask.
Hi Peter I've a couple of things I've put to the Forum in the past without a solution …

Cancel a bet with Automation: Say my automation places a bet at 1-0 and it remains unmatched but if the score goes 2-0 I want to cancel it, how?

Sort by Stored Values: If I calculate and assign a stored value to each selection how can I then sort the selections based on those values.
MAGTRADEUK

The trials and tribulations of moving from one platform to another etc, I wil be able to work through it no worries.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”