Betfair US YouTube channel

The sport of kings.
iambic_pentameter

Interesting to see that the Betfair US YouTube channel has had some new videos added in the last day or two.

Could this be a sign that the US may be legalising online gaming?

Either way, they need a better option than using Betfair to open / close their positions.

If only there was a software solution available.
Euler

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:22 am
If only there was a software solution available.
If only they hadn't made it impossible for us to offer it there!

Was a bit disappointed with that, given that I flew over to see them several times.
RentonT

Why and how did they do that?
iambic_pentameter

Re not allowing Bet Angel out there, is that because they don't have an API or just limited thinking on their part?
megarain

Also stunned by the logic of this.

Does that also mean, they would restrict training / lectures etc.

//

Legalisation of sports betting is creeping slowly forward. Ice Hockey will start in Las Vegas in Oct, this yr. NFL have allowed a team, to move, to be based there, starting 2020 (they have to build stadium, etc)..Both basketball and baseball commissioners, are softening language, re sports betting.

It will come .. probably, within .. 10 yrs, in a number of states.
RentonT

The thought of loads of new Americans on betting exchanges is appealing :D

Peter, you must deliver them to us!!!
Euler

The legislation means that its very strictly geographically limited and outsiders are not welcome by the land of free. Betfair is not willing to even look at a solution to this for existing partners that could cause a problem for them.
RentonT

Bet Angel US of A ???
iambic_pentameter

It's exciting to see what potential opportunities are out there for the future of sports betting or, in our case, sports trading.

Although my focus is racing at the moment, I could quite easily see myself making time to learn about NHL etc if that led to some opportunities.

This is just the US - imagine the potential of legalised gambling in China and/or India - I think the majority of gambling is illegal in these countries, but happy to be corrected.

It's a good time to be alive :lol:
RentonT

I agree, in my mind I have always been looking forward to the huge opportunities that should be coming...
Euler

US has practically been my second home since mid 90's, but legislation has often meant I have had to not be there at key times of year. It would be fantastic if I could base myself there all the time.

I recorded this video just after a meeting with Betfair where I felt I needed to make the point that it was pointless legislating against it when you can just hop over the border. They get it but the US government and people don't for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtK1JEJj6qQ
iambic_pentameter

I agree that being based in America would be fantastic - LA would be perfect for me:

All year round warm weather
Beaches
Abundance of pretty aspiring actresses proclaiming that me being a sports trader is "Soooooo cooooooool"
RentonT

Loving your English accent... and the time zone is pretty favourable too.

Penthouse share??

Return to “Trading Horse racing”