Trading Horse racing : Removal of 1 second inplay delay for inrunning horse bets

The sport of kings.
User avatar
BetScalper
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 pm

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm
Just reacting to an observation simonlofc made earlier about how annoying it is when you back a horse in running and the bet is suddenly matched at 1000 because the horse fell: just an annecdoal story: some years ago it was reported a punter was placing an in running bet on a horse only for it to be matched at 1000 just as he placed it because the commentator said it had fallen, a few seconds later the commentator corrected himself as it was in fact a horse with similar colours that had actually fallen. I believe the punter ended up winning around £40k. Not good for the layer/s though!
I remember that. :)

User avatar
gutuami
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am

superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm
Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.

User avatar
superfrank
Posts: 2237
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am

gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm
Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?

User avatar
gutuami
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 pm

superfrank wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am
gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm
Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?
the point is that they do whatever they want. And if by chance removing delay will prove successful they will take their lion share.

ajdal
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:05 am

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...

User avatar
Crazyskier
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:30 pm

superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm
Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
Indeed

User avatar
BetScalper
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm

ajdal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...
Has nothing to-do with round numbers in-running, its when the horse looks like losing and the backers start pulling their money, hence the LTP is far greater than the odds on offer.

The same happens when the horse looks like winning and the LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks which corresponds to layers trying to pull their money out of the market.

User avatar
cmuddle
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm
ajdal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...
Has nothing to-do with round numbers in-running, its when the horse looks like losing and the backers start pulling their money, hence the LTP is far greater than the odds on offer.

The same happens when the horse looks like winning and the LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks which corresponds to layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
And does it work? Why they wouldn't pull their money out at current prices?

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm

I would also like the removal of all the different in-play delays as I'm convinced this is an opportunity for 'some' to be rewarded with no in-play delay and thereby bagging themselves a valuable and unfair advantage. It would not surprise me in years to come if someone were to spill the beans about this sort of trickery, so for me no in-play delay across the entire selection of markets would be a good thing.

I'm sure Ed Murray aka DJSunset would have a view on this...
Last edited by Tuco on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BetScalper
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm

cmuddle wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm
ajdal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm


You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...
Has nothing to-do with round numbers in-running, its when the horse looks like losing and the backers start pulling their money, hence the LTP is far greater than the odds on offer.

The same happens when the horse looks like winning and the LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks which corresponds to layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
And does it work? Why they wouldn't pull their money out at current prices?
There pulling there money out because they don't want it matched at all.

Post Reply

Return to “Trading Horse racing”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests