Is This A con?

The sport of kings.
jjrrjj

Let us know what the guys over at Mensa have to say
gutuami

all traders are con artists. on opening a position they're persuading the market that they do it with the best intentions of a true gambler :lol: regardless of you xxx% "profit" you really MUST know what hedging in a sport market is.
ShaunWhite

utubecomment21 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am
You're assuming this is the only or one of the only places I've posted this question .. which it isn't.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just work it out rather than posing provocative statements all over the internet? :roll:
wearthefoxhat

utubecomment21 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:27 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8umchN0kw

2:30 - Is this a con? How comes when Peter puts £10 @ 6, for 1 tick he gets £2. I tried the same thing today, put £5 @ 5.8 and for 1 tick (5.9) I got 8p. Logic dictates if I put £10 I would get 16p. At 6, that would be 20p I think ... so how comes Peter getting £2 per tick? In short, Peter is getting approx 1,000% more for his trades than I am. No wonder He's doing so!
I can't see a con.

The £2 is essentially a free bet created on that selection. If he hedges before the off, then the profit is spread cross across the field.
ShaunWhite

utubecomment21 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:54 am
in the light of Bookies closing accounts and not paying out, do you think Exchanges won't do the same? Good luck with that!

Do you know what an exchange actually is, or are they a con too? Betfair don't pay anything out, never have and never will. The payouts come from losers.
Derek27

utubecomment21 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 am
:lol: If you're doing better than most how could you not have known how much a £10 one-tick trade at 6.0 would net?
The answer is already in my response ... but obviously its gone over your head ... or you have difficulty with comprehension.
Let's say it is a con: is the con artist's forum the best place to ask if it is?
The "best" place. You're assuming this is the only or one of the only places I've posted this question .. which it isn't.
I'm afraid you're the one with comprehension problems and the answer was not in your response. If the profits you made was from your other income, that wasn't mentioned in your previous post. If they were from in-play trading, you should still understand how to work out a £10 one-tick profit at 6.0, because it's exactly the same as pre-race.

You also failed to comprehend Sa7med's question. He was basically asking, what's the point in posting the question on the alleged conman's site?
Korattt

anyway, I'm enjoying today so far
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:59 pm
I noticed the light appear above your avatar ;)
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:00 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:59 pm
I noticed the light appear above your avatar ;)
YHM
Halliday

utubecomment21 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 am

:lol: If you're doing better than most how could you not have known how much a £10 one-tick trade at 6.0 would net?
I would also add that those figures didn't come through Pre-race trading!

I've only been into 'Trading' for about a year, but its not my main source of income. As for Pre-race trading, for me, its the least efficient way to trade. I've never understood why 99.9% of videos on 'Trading' as a whole is Pre-race via the Ladder. I have a go at it from time to time, but I always revert back to my way which is a lot easier and far less time consuming, and consists of me taking about 3 seconds to pop and order in, then I walk away. If people want to sit at a computer for hours on end watching ticks, than that's down to them, but for me there are far more efficient ways to trade than that, and I don't really want to spend my life sat at the PC. I spend 2 -3 mins a day placing my orders, I spend about 10 mins a day researching, maybe an hour a week developing and playing around with new systems, and that's it. If I make 10-20% return in a day, its because I'm in a coma.

And for those who can't comprehend much, I''ll say it again and I'll even put it in bold type for ya; this is not my main source of income, and I rarely Pre-race trade.
Thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt .. so read your other posts .. wish I hadn't bothered .. contradictory and total "tosh " ... usually like to flag up the " Walter Mitty " characters on here .. but you've done it all by yourself. Nuff said .

Return to “Trading Horse racing”