How many scalping opportunities are there on workdays?

The sport of kings.
eightbo

I don't see any reason why you can't become a profitable directional scalper, popping in and out of the market in a way that compliments a larger move e.g. entering after a pullback levels out, looking to ride the next leg of the move.
Dallas

Peter posted a detailed blog a few days ago on scalping which is well worth a read
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-s ... trategies/
Kai

SigmaDraconis wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am
How many scalping opportunities are there on workdays? Yesterday the prices were just bouncing around even in the handicap races. I couldn't find even one scalping opportunity during the whole day.
As Dallas says, have a search on the topic of scalping on the Bet Angel Youtube channel, there are many videos explaining different approaches, because there are many ways to get scalps through a market.

I still very much enjoy scalping in general, just not on the racing markets, since you don't need to have much of an opinion about a market and can just rely on your reading of the order flow. Not sure if anyone mentioned it already but in general it's best to look for markets/prices with lower volume of money but higher fillrates for scalping, otherwise probably not worth doing.

Maybe the most important thing that I had to learn specifically with scalping is to stay disciplined with my staking execution and not be greedy, if you manage to get a few scalps don't drastically increase your stakes thinking that the next scalp is going to work just because the last few did, that's how you can easily ruin a lot of good work on that market and make a mess of things, that's one of the potential triggers that can easily lead to a tilt as well. Averaging your prices and managing multiple positions is a very advanced skill, best to keep it simple to start off. Best of luck.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”