Pre race trading. ..from a idiots prospective

The sport of kings.
prestburydreams

Hi any advice welcomed

I work long hours and trading time is limited but there is a definite downturn in my day to day job which will allow me to be home earlier for the evening meetings come

When I trade I check the race conditions I pay attention to the relative pre race info and make a trade entry point inwards if 7 minutes variable

I have often been correct for 3-4 ticks in the right direction say taking 30 seconds to a minute to reach a 4 tick profit sometimes I manage my green zone and sometimes before I have chance to say what happened there it just goes right through me in the blink of an eye 10 -20 tick loss

I have found the evening trading incredibly infuriating i'm at a loss to say what im doing wrong am I looking for to big a move or missing obvious signs the market direction was about to change

Before anybody suggestsdo the opposite I have tried that and find I seem to be on the wrong side whichever

Any suggestions please
stueytrader

Guessing you are trading AW meetings if evening?

I find AW a tricky beast to trade personally, very volatile for a starting point. Being volatile means you have to take that as a starting point...though that's only that of course.

In other words, you have to start by predicting that there will be big swings potentially around.
stueytrader

Just noticed, this is also in a wrong forum section.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”