Big backer

The sport of kings.
Euler

This person has been around a lot recently. I had a nibble at these odds but the backer didn't back off.
110504 - 1420 - Big backer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rhysmr2

Yeah I've seen them about, 100k always on the back side, normally near the off and they don't seem to budge?

I've seen about 7k get taken from it before and it just didn't move, strange :?

It's not bothering me at the moment though.
LeTiss

I reckon it's a PL footballer, or somebody like that

If you were earning £25k per year, having 1 weeks wages of £500 in BF would be nothing.
Therefore, a footballer earning shitloads with afternoons to spare might be just passing the time, or having a bit of fun with £100k stakes.

I'm not convinced it's anything suspicious
spreadbetting

I originally thought it was spoofers or someone hooping to move the market but they just sit there as a bookmark. Certainly aren't afraid of being taken on and seems to be more mug money than informed punter. Hopefully they'll change their mo soon and start moving it in as that should make for fun times :)
chuck536

seen this on one of the favorites the other night, cant remember which race but the stake was 384k ...... surely even footballers arent punting that much in bf ?
SamWilson82

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here ya go chuck :D

I was just flexing my Bank a bit

: ...wakes up and smells the coffee
Euler

£100k flashed into the market just seconds before the off at Sedgefield.
Iron

What do you think their game is? Are they a trader or an outright backer, would you say?

Jeff
Euler wrote:This person has been around a lot recently. I had a nibble at these odds but the backer didn't back off.
SamWilson82

I really don't know what it/he/she is trying to achieve. It could be trying to trick bots and/or be trying to force a lay bet to be matched. Its such a risky strategy though and the bigger players have probably already had a pop at it and it hasn't budged so I'm not sure. The "prem footballer/gambler" idea is a long shot Imo. Unless it starts moving into prices as 'spread betting' suggests i would completely ignore it.
LeTiss

Whoever they are, or whatever their game is, one thing is for sure - they are distorting the markets

They are not flashing these figures up and immediately deleting them, they are holding those positions. It takes some serious money to shoot through that barrier, and most traders will be scared to lay it just an case the WOM triggers a steamer.

This obviously has an impact on the behaviour of other runners in the field, particularly ones near the top of the betting

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being a bored pianist from North Hampshire
gutuami

sooner or later the market will punish him unless he is Roman Abramovich playing with pennies :lol:
Euler

Another £100k on Prince of Denial 19:40 Ludlow.
rubysglory

Don't no for sure, but instict tells me that this might be a decoy. I think the key may well be found in market movements with the bookies. I remember years ago in Australia when there was a multi million dollar plunge on a horse that ' could not win '.The result was that the market moved accordingly - the plunge horse in and all else out, multiplied by the effect of the mug punter jumping on. Just before the off the real plunge took place and the bookies had no way of laying off. Just a thought.

rg
CaerMyrddin

It makes sense, but as a strategy is way too risky IMHO. At some point there will be another big shark in the pool that will smash your money. It would be easy to do that ocasionally, but not systematically it's too risky!
Euler

Any strategy that shows your hand isn't a very effective one in my books.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”