Let it ride - Gamble vs Greening?

The sport of kings.
ajwisely

It's my 3rd day playing with BetAngel.

I'm an online poker pro, been analysing form guides and gambling on horses since age 8, this seemed like a logical progession :) Especially in lieu of the impending Spring Racing Carnival.

I'm exploring the concept of combining the legitimate ability to analyse form and the safety of green bets.

Essentially analyse each race, select horses I think will win, back them when odds are inflated, wait, lay bet on those that drop in price for a guaranteed profit, keep the bets on those that don't.

(Alternatively, lay those i think will lose, of those back the ones that drift)

Obviously stock trading purists will preach cut losses, gamblers the opposite.

Has anyone had success / failure this way?
Monstrs

Thrust me and this will save you loads of money - DO NOT TRY TO GAMBLE WITH IN-PLAY.

If you are not a super pro punter that knows close to everything about horse racing then just don't do it. It will bring you nothing but losses in long run.
thegrandpoohbah23

"IN-PLAY" is risky, agreed. But, if your looking at keeping your bets that don't get matched anyway you might as well place a "keep at in-play" modifier on your bet for the desired profit. This has saved my arse a more then enough times. It really all comes down to risk vs profit. Never bet more then a set percentage of the bank, but you know this from poker ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”