Some strange occurrences today

The sport of kings.
JollyGreen

Earlier I was trading a horse and was in a good profitable position. I placed my closing order early in a position where there was just £21 in front of me. The price came up and it stopped 1 tick below my order :? I could easily have dropped my order but the price had moved 8 ticks in my favour so I fully expected to be filled. I then watched in astonishment as it stopped 1 tick below me each time. I could not believe that a single penny could then be traded at my position. Some money was traded earlier but it was almost inconceivable that it could not trade. The price point below me regularly dropped to nothing and it didn't drop back in price. I sat there and kept watching as it did this again and again. I never thought that would possible and can only assume it was a BOT. I've been doing this for many years now and I have never seen this before.

Then in the 4:30 Kempton I thought Christmas 2013 had arrived early. TheLastKingofScotland was an even money shot in my book and is in fine form. He was odds on with the bookies and did briefly touch Evens. Despite this he went to 3.00 on Betfair :shock: :shock: :shock: I was amazed at this price, it was totally ridiculous. I just wish I had more money in my account as this was simply wrong based on form etc. Now I always maintain the market pre-race is always correct because it only does what the money dictates. However, I cannot recall seeing a horse that was so well in on form, trading at odds on with the bookies and knocking 2/1 on Betfair. Well that meant a good result for me and some lemming layers must've been severely burned on that one!
Euler

The market is completely shot to peices today. Looks like a Betfair error because prices are all over the place and I even got lucky getting matched at a price that was way out of the money.
hgodden

That whole 4.30 Kempton race was insane. Almost every price seemed to move at least a quator before moving back the other way again. Everything was well backed in on course too apparantly
JollyGreen

Euler wrote:The market is completely shot to peices today. Looks like a Betfair error because prices are all over the place and I even got lucky getting matched at a price that was way out of the money.
Yes I saw that on some of the markets but these two were just weird. I cannot understand what was happening. I don't ever recall seeing a strong odds on shot trading so much higher on Betfair??
JollyGreen

hgodden wrote:That whole 4.30 Kempton race was insane. Almost every price seemed to move at least a quator before moving back the other way again. Everything was well backed in on course too apparantly
Well something was weird because they were betting 110% about the front 3 in the market!! :shock: :shock:
JollyGreen

I should add the 1:40 Taunton where I offered to lay the field at 1.65 I had placed my orders pre-race and then used the Keep function. I had two matched but did not get Guess Again matched despite it moving much lower than my offer!!!!
LinusP

I think it might have something to do with this..

http://community.betfair.com/horse_raci ... 30-pm-race
JollyGreen

LinusP wrote:I think it might have something to do with this..

Well I haven't visited that forum for a while and after reading that load of gobbledy gook I think it will be a while before I do so again!
Euler

Markets are significantly calmer today.
LeTiss

LinusP wrote:I think it might have something to do with this..

I always enjoy reading comments from Barry Dennis
3virgul14

Crazy spikes @ 14:50 Wolv

PS: The SP was over 3.00
Last edited by 3virgul14 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Yeah, that was a rough ride but I escaped with a -£17
switesh

Yesterday I had a fluke laying LastKingofScotland.

Today I attempted to replicate the signs/patterns from yesterday, but only to swallow a very bitter loss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Not sure why you would feel confident lay at the top end of a tradng range?

Thuderstorm should have got you out of trouble?
130108 - Volume spike - Thunderstorm_4311227.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
switesh

Euler wrote:Not sure why you would feel confident lay at the top end of a tradng range?

Thuderstorm should have got you out of trouble?
130108 - Volume spike - Thunderstorm_4311227.png
Yesterday I got lucky by laying at top of trading by reading the first sign of upward spike/momentum so tried to imitate that today due to the madness that prevailed in that race. But Yes, under normal circumstances I wouldn't lay at top end of trading range.

Yes, I got caught some of the drift on Thuderstorm though cut out a bit soon when it flat-lined slightly above 2.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”