The sport of kings.
Naffman

16.15 doncaster Isla Kai 200s into 25s
spreadbetting

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:18 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:08 pm
Been a busy couple of days, almost wishing back to those lazy day's of lockdown.
Its normally this time you year I begin willing the winter to come so I can slow down

I've got a little more energy than normal this year but come the end of RG next month i'll be longing for some quieter days :)
Yep, been far too hectic today, everything coming thick and fast so hard to take it all in. Thankfully there's been no big delays at the stalls or it could have turned into a right mess. I used to love the market's coming bang after a race has finished but these days much prefer the day's with 2/3 meetings an afternoon where you have more time to build a position.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:08 pm
Been a busy couple of days, almost wishing back to those lazy day's of lockdown.
I thought you were 100% auto? Or has that house deposit ruined your idle rich lifestyle and it's back to the grindstone.
spreadbetting

Sadly I'm too greedy Shaun, all that money lying around waiting to be picked up is just too tempting. My bots were written years ago so don't need any upkeep so it becomes a toss up between Supermarket Sweep and a few quid. I'll have to leave the life of leisure to you for now or at least until they resumeTenables and Dickinson's Real Deal. The devil makes work for idle hands so probably for the best :)
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:24 pm
Sadly I'm too greedy Shaun, all that money lying around waiting to be picked up is just too tempting. My bots were written years ago so don't need any upkeep so it becomes a toss up between Supermarket Sweep and a few quid. I'll have to leave the life of leisure to you for now or at least until they resumeTenables and Dickinson's Real Deal. The devil makes work for idle hands so probably for the best :)
I get it. I sometimes power up just to watch how things are doing, then can't resist having a few trades. Suits me quite well actually, I'm ok manual trading for short spells. it's doing it for 40hrs a week that exposes the cracks in my character. Maybe I do ok because it's not a must win sitiuation, manualy trading for a couple of hours feels more like playing a couple of games of poker, I obvously want to win but if it costs a couple of quid instead then that's fine too. Last couple of weeks of decent weather coming up and long cold days ahead, don't work too hard.
TraderFred

Something odd going on in the last two races at Musselburgh.

Exchequer (FR) and Exchequer (IRE) were both down to run in the 1915. Now it looks as if Exchequer (FR) runs in the 1845 instead ?

Going to cause some confusion, though I’d have probably given up by then anyway, as today looks absolutely manic from around 3pm onwards.
Naffman

TraderFred wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:10 am
Going to cause some confusion, though I’d have probably given up by then anyway, as today looks absolutely manic from around 3pm onwards.
From what I've seen liquidity is very low, I imagine they'll be that many clashes today too
TraderFred

Yes looks like there are going to be clashes and split screens aplenty going on today.

Hate it when that happens, only takes one meeting to run late and it ruins the flow of the day. Good day today too with St.leger and Irish champion.

I see from October they are going back to the unusual off times. Thought it worked quite well in February when they trialled it. Again, it only takes one meeting to get behind to mess it all up, though it’s obvious that the 15.00 at x isn’t going to go off on time if there is a 3 mile chase at y scheduled for 1455.

At least when it says it’s going to be 1502 or 1503, you know where you are then.
Naffman

Sounds about right, BHA taking all season to decide that the unusual off times are better.

I often, and I reckon a lot of other gamblers on UK racing tune in late and often miss a race as they don't want to be spending 5 minutes watching them when they should've already have been off.
gutuami

it seems that someone knows well ahead of betfair about photofinish results
TraderFred

gutuami wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:18 pm
I take it you have sky sports racing?

Often the betting on the photo changes quite quickly when the slow motion replay goes up. In the last race at Doncaster I think the 2nd horse was fav in the photo until they showed the super slow mo which seemed to suggest that Dettori had actually hung on.
firlandsfarm

gutuami wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:18 pm
The cameraman! :)
Korattt

not the most empowering of Saturdays is it?
Emmson

5 mins out for the 6.15 Musselburgh the graphs are unusually flat for a low grade handicap.
Korattt

this evening seems more lively

Return to “Trading Horse racing”