Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
jjrrjj

Funny going from the 1st at Aintree to then the 1st at southwell, such nice smooth charts
Ryan7724

nice little spin at Sthl
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

getting the calls right but missing entries, SO annoying
Ryan7724

Out a little early myself but won't complain ;)
Korattt

lost £100 today, just couldn’t get anything right
Dallas

Wasn't the easiest of days
ruthlessimon

Korattt wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Psychology is such an easy out here, so I'm going to be contrarian

You have to question your methodology rigorously Andy - are you sure you have a positive expectancy?

It all starts with a positive expectancy - if you lack that - you're screwed

Discipline, money management etc all become irrelevant without the foundation of an edge
Korattt

Simon,

Thanks for that, in hindsight don’t think my mind was on it from the start, been having trouble with next door neighbour being a complete wanker & subconsciously think it affected my thinking today.. those who used to follow me on Twitter will know all about it, had to restrain myself from punching his lights out last night
ruthlessimon

Fair enough, so long as you're happy to accept that :)

Me personally, I realised when I looked at detail at what I "thought" were edges - they actually weren't - & my p&l reflected that. It's so easy to see patterns in patternless data if you try hard enough - which technically is a cognitive bias - but one that cannot be solved with another read of Trading in the Zone :D
dragontrades

Korattt wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Simon,

Thanks for that, in hindsight don’t think my mind was on it from the start, been having trouble with next door neighbour being a complete wanker & subconsciously think it affected my thinking today.. those who used to follow me on Twitter will know all about it, had to restrain myself from punching his lights out last night
Testosterone and trading do not go well together
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm
Korattt wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Psychology is such an easy out here.
True. And I'd like to add a lack of professionalism as a reason? An observation not a criticism. I'd hope my (obv not actually 'my') surgeon or pilot didn't have a bad day every time they had issues at home.

Not saying it's easy, no one man band operation is easy, especially one run from home with no customers and no boss to keep you on the straight and narrow. Edges and psych are all well and good, and I'd guess Korattt has thought about them until his head is spinning like we all do, but they're no use if you can't execute.

Maybe have a pre-race check list? Score how you feel (angry, chasy, focused, alert etc), what the market is, when it is, is it noisy, what's your risk is going be etc etc BEFORE you make your investment. High score then pile in, low score just have a fiver and call it practice. You need to put a procedure in place as a substitute for the controls you find in other jobs.

I'm not preaching Korattt just trying to think of a different angle for you, we're all different so you never know what's going to click.

Now I think of it I'm sure pw once said he has a some sort of market scoring system that checks how the planets are aligned. His will be almost subconscious and not include his highly trained focused mental state I suspect, but yours might need to be on paper and have a section for the state of your head.

Sorry to bung up the thread but not worth starting another. All the best for tomorrow.
Korattt

thanks Shaun, on to tomorrow eh?
dmbusa

No trading for me today, mind is all over the place having just lost my job, don't want to make a bad thing worse by trading and messing up big time
Korattt

dmbusa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 am
No trading for me today, mind is all over the place having just lost my job, don't want to make a bad thing worse by trading and messing up big time
I don't think I'll get involved either today, not really excited with what's on offer, just going to be boring & watch ladders all day & try & not get bored in between the 20 minute gaps between the two cards
Derek27

dmbusa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 am
Really sorry to hear that. I hope another one isn't too far away.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”