Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Naffman

SCst abandoned
Anbell

scst abandoned
Anbell

On my AM radio feed for the past few days, when the caller calls that they have started, BF goes in play at about the same time.

Has my radio feed slowed, or BF has improved?

Anyone have similar/different experience?
Naffman

They just switched Bordertown r6 in-play 2.5 mins early
rik

Protest against winner Nemingah R7 Grafton, seems like he swayed over a lot, think that will be upheld?
Anbell

rik wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 am
Protest against winner Nemingah R7 Grafton, seems like he swayed over a lot, think that will be upheld?
They took a while, but dismissed
rik

ah that sucks only runner I had a big loss, running better on the photo finishes
Heisenberg

Anbell wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:49 am
On my AM radio feed for the past few days, when the caller calls that they have started, BF goes in play at about the same time.

Still the same for me. I didn't trade today but the official off time for R5 Kalgoorlie just now was 17:25:40. BF went in play at 17:25:49.
Anbell

Heisenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 am
Anbell wrote:

Still the same for me. I didn't trade today but the official off time for R5 Kalgoorlie just now was 17:25:40. BF went in play at 17:25:49.
Thanks. Where did you get official off time? Tabtouch?
spreadbetting

Anbell wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:35 am

Be good to start logging the In Play times against official off times see if there are certain courses where they cock up. Seen some weird BSP's returned recently where they've obviously missed the off and the fav had a bad start. Last one I saw was 22 BSP against a 2.2 tote price and the fav came nowhere. With the trots you get all spikes as those seem the one's they have most trouble turning the market in play.
Heisenberg

Yes I get the official times from Tabtouch. I'll collect the suspension times tomorrow and compare them against the official times. In the last few weeks I'm seeing a lot of 7, 8 and even occasionally 9 second differentials whereas previously you could bank on it being a second either side of 5 seconds. I managed to get a bet matched after they jumped at Healesville greyhounds last week. You can do it each Sunday at Capalaba but it's the first time I've ever been able to get on after the start at another greyhound track.
deestar

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:26 pm
Anbell wrote:

Be good to start logging the In Play times against official off times see if there are certain courses where they cock up. Seen some weird BSP's returned recently where they've obviously missed the off and the fav had a bad start. Last one I saw was 22 BSP against a 2.2 tote price and the fav came nowhere. With the trots you get all spikes as those seem the one's they have most trouble turning the market in play.
I'd always assumed the spikes you saw at the Trots were because of the mobile starts where someone can "break" and they still let them go. A bit like in NH were a runner is a long way behind the others at the walk in. Obviously the race doesn't go in play until the barrier arms are turned in so such things are just part and parcel of a live exchange. But if the suspend time is multiple seconds after the actual start then any integrity in the BSP is gone. Very poor if true.
spreadbetting

Heisenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:21 pm
Yes I get the official times from Tabtouch. I'll collect the suspension times tomorrow and compare them against the official times. In the last few weeks I'm seeing a lot of 7, 8 and even occasionally 9 second differentials whereas previously you could bank on it being a second either side of 5 seconds. I managed to get a bet matched after they jumped at Healesville greyhounds last week. You can do it each Sunday at Capalaba but it's the first time I've ever been able to get on after the start at another greyhound track.
Thanks, they seem to be getting really lax at the moment with jump times it'll be interesting to see just how far out from the off times they are.

At the start of lockdown Betfair were ringing people to get them to provide more liquidity and I mentioned the fact they were unreliable suspending at the off which was one of the reasons I wouldn't stick more thru the markets. Said they'd pass it on.

The BSP used to mirror the tote prices quite well, these days you'll see most meetings where at least 3 of the winners return a BSP less than the tote price which seems to suggest anyone getting a flyer is being backed well into the race and any poor starters are returning double the tote prices if not more.
spreadbetting

deestar wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:26 pm
Anbell wrote:

I'd always assumed the spikes you saw at the Trots were because of the mobile starts where someone can "break" and they still let them go. A bit like in NH were a runner is a long way behind the others at the walk in. Obviously the race doesn't go in play until the barrier arms are turned in so such things are just part and parcel of a live exchange. But if the suspend time is multiple seconds after the actual start then any integrity in the BSP is gone. Very poor if true.
Yep trots will always have false starts too so they do seem to hold back turning the market in play until they're certain its off. Can hardly expect the BSP to be representative if they're still trading 9 seconds or so into a race. Sad thing is the AUS markets used to be so reliable so were perfect for botting.
Anbell

Anbell wrote:

I just called the radio station - they hadnt realized that one of their satellites had drifted. Back to normal tomorrow

Return to “Trading Horse racing”