Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Heisenberg

I'll do a video tomorrow with accompanying (race) video to show how the AU markets move.
rik

Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm
I'll do a video tomorrow with accompanying (race) video to show how the AU markets move.
thank you, that would be very interesting
megarain

The lack of a consistent platform/delay is probably hindering the in-running liquidity more than anything else.

Heisenberg wrote an excellent summation of the current pic availability.

With Singapore racing being postponed, some of the pics on international satellites got slightly faster, but that ends tomorrow.

Harness racing is v tricky to turn in-play - and its a disaster if the races get turned in-play and a false start is called. I wouldn't really
fancy the job.
Derek27

Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 pm
You could make an argument that suspending when the last horse is going into the gate is probably the fairest option but that would come at the expense of liquidity (and BF's profit).
That sounds like a good idea to me, or just suspending anytime early. Any profit Betfair loses would be the price for integrity of BSP, more satisfied customers and would surely draw in some trading from traders that have more confidence in the exchange.
megarain

I dont especially care .. but it does seem the starters regularly get horses withdrawn for re-vet-examinations after playing up.

Betfair cant win .. if a race gets turned in play/bets all cancelled, and then another lengthy delay ensues.
napshnap

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 pm
Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 pm
I only have a sample of 10 races today but all went in play 5-7 seconds after the official jump.
Thanks, that's ridiculous. If UK racing was that far out they'd be an outcry, I thought the Aus regulators were a lot more on the ball about fairness.
25.06.20 | 17:40 | Bath went inplay 12 seconds later than official start time.
spreadbetting

Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm
Thanks for your insights be good to see the video. I always keep eaning to stay up one night to trade the Aus markets but never get round to it so just bot them for now.
rik

there is a potential stewards inquiry Albion Park R6?
why was someone laying big amounts on the clear winner?
ANGELS15

rik wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 am
I just saw this post quite late. Did the winner keep the race?

I've assumed from looking at UK races that there are many good judges of the likely outcome of a stewards. Some of these traders/punters are on-course and are in a better position to read any 'signs' or indicators. In theory there shouldn't be any punters at any of these races but perhaps someone working at the course may have had an inkling as to what could happen?
ANGELS15

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm
rik wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 am
I just saw this post quite late. Did the winner keep the race?

I've assumed from looking at UK races that there are many good judges of the likely outcome of a stewards. Some of these traders/punters are on-course and are in a better position to read any 'signs' or indicators. In theory there shouldn't be any punters at any of these races but perhaps someone working at the course may have had an inkling as to what could happen?
I was just looking up the result (winner BETTERTHANAJEEP) but couldn't see the reference to the enquiry so don't know if it crossed the line first or was promoted). However I noticed this appears to be Harness Racing?

I know next to nothing about Harness Racing but I've noticed it has a hell of a lot of disqualifications. My guess some sharp eyed shrewdie noticed something the winner did in the race and assumed it would be disqualified.
Heisenberg

There was no protest/inquiry in that race and nothing in running to suggest that could possibly be the case. I'd say it was either turned in-play very late or just a case of fat fingers!

Very rare to get an enquiry of any kind in Australian harness racing. I've only seen a handful of protests because of interference over the years. They do happen, but very, very rare. More commonly (but still rare) is when a runner gallops in the straight, occasionally stewards will knock the horse that galloped back a placing or two but it usually has to be a very close finish for them to step in. Might happen once a month, that kind of frequency.

It's kind of a weird rule, you can gallop basically any time during the race and it doesn't matter, just that last 100m or so. It's not like Sweden where gallopers are disqualified. In Australia it's a reasonably common occurrence for something that has galloped at some stage in the run to go on and win the race, especially in standing starts.
megarain

Over the last month, there might have been 2 disqualifications for the horses not running on the right side of the peg lines (round the bend normally).
Naffman

Liquidity so poor, feels so hit and miss on wednesdays
gazuty

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:49 am
Normally we agree, but today o'contraire, bots have fared well.

Has Derek finally fallen alseep? Forum is super quiet.
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:05 am
Naffman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:49 am
Normally we agree, but today o'contraire, bots have fared well.

Has Derek finally fallen alseep? Forum is super quiet.
Too quiet :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”