Farcical!!! - Manipulation of Betfair odds

The sport of kings.
pt9091

Maybe its betfair doing it to hack us off so much we consider takibng our banks to LMAX and trading there, would certainly help with liquidity! :D
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:The thing I don't understand is why are orders being taken to the off with all the risk that implies? I can't can't fathom why somebody would do that. It's not going to SP either?
From what I can see they aren't using the SP at all but are happy to leave their orders up and get matched in the SP process which again shows that they aren't fussed about taking liability be it on the back side or the lay side - it is like they don't care which side they take liability, if they were approaching it with a view to taking liability it would be decided on which side they were to do it and not just which ever happened to be the case which seems to be the current situation to me.

I don't keep records but do we see this at the same time as the spikes or the mad bombing? I feel that you don't see them happening in the same race but I am certain I remember one instance of the mad bomber hitting the manipulator but I only recall the once?

Could it be the same person doing all methods?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It just gets bigger and bigger!
100818 - Manipulator.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

To add to the above chart:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pt9091

An older thread but just shows that its happening on other markets as well!

http://community.betfair.com/football/g ... nipulation
jimrobo

exctly the same technique in the 18:20 killarney
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Either it's working really well or they are totally on tilt! Active again at Killarney?!?!?
100818 - Manipulator - Killarney.png
Green Park

Could this be a new player and a permanent change in the markets?
andyfuller

It has been going on for nearly a year now on and off so it isn't a new player - they just seem far more active now.

Has anyone else noticed that the manipulation has stopped tonight but the dutching and spikes have begun - coincidence?
jimrobo

exactly the same on the 19:30 folkstone

teed it up in exactly the same way and when it looked like it might break against it threw in 36k to prop the price up
rhysmr2

here we go again, muss 14:30 mandrin spirit :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Didn't seem to be around on the first few races, maybe he woke up late!
rhysmr2

Footballers finish training about 2 ish so by the time he got in and loaded betfair up :)

I mean what else are you going to do with 100k+ a week bored sat at home?
jimrobo

he or she seems to trade it pretty similar each time. Either a slight drifter or steamer and tries to catch it on the peak or trough and just hold it there in a sort of liquidity wedge. Seems to use the crossover points too if they can
LeTiss

Is there anyway of perhaps arbing with the bookies?

If this guy smashes into a price you could back it within an instant with a bookmaker and just lay the same selection on BF for a decent arb?

Unless of course, I'm misunderstanding this fellas tactics

Return to “Trading Horse racing”