Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot

vladilyich

Just a word to say that I added a second horse as part of this strategy but changed the stake size to a bet of £2.50 on each horse(2.50x2=£5 which allows a viewing on Betfair) but it wouldnt trigger. I then changed the stakes to £3 per horse and now it works fine.

Do the strategies always need round figures rather than .50,0.75 etc?
Dallas

No you can use any amount in any of the files created even sub £2 stakes (though you wont get BF video).

Have you changed anything else or tried it again since?
vladilyich

It works fine with £2 or £3 or £5 stakes but not with £2.50.
Its not a problem,I just wondered why thats all.
Dallas

vladilyich wrote:It works fine with £2 or £3 or £5 stakes but not with £2.50.
Any automation file should work with whatever stakes you specify, are your other files allowing odd stakes?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

vladilyich wrote:It works fine with £2 or £3 or £5 stakes but not with £2.50.
Not sure if you are from the UK or not, but does your version of Windows use a comma as the decimal seperator?
vladilyich

I am in England,so no comma for separator. Seemed ok after I adjusted things.
lazzasurf

Hello
(My First post)
I had been running this in simulation mode this afternoon and it worked fine. Just decided to go live with £10, the bet was instantly matched but the lay didn't trigger or sit as unmatched once the race started, there wasn't even any 'in play' running on the one click screen. It was a American race, Parx 19-10pm today (Sunday)

Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Many thanks.
Dallas

lazzasurf wrote:Hello
(My First post)
I had been running this in simulation mode this afternoon and it worked fine. Just decided to go live with £10, the bet was instantly matched but the lay didn't trigger or sit as unmatched once the race started, there wasn't even any 'in play' running on the one click screen. It was a American race, Parx 19-10pm today (Sunday)

Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Many thanks.
Its because you used it on a US horse race which are not turned In-Play, so any unmatched bets are cancelled at the off and the event is suspended.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11529&hilit=races+in+play
lazzasurf

Doh!!

For the last 2 days all i've done is sit and absorb the knowledge, how did i miss that one.
Lesson learned.

Thanks for a swift reply.
maxster2706

Dear Dallas,

After succesfully creating a free bet on a market, instead of greening up all the selections, you see that the fav trades in a very narrow range compared to the other followers, and you decide to place a lay bet on the fav, is it possible and if yes how do you do it `?

thanks a lot for your time
Dallas

Yes you can build on this or any other rule to perform more tasks, this link below should explain further
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11857

All you would then need to do is create a rule type "Place lay bet" and set all the times and parameters including stakes req etc and while on the parameters tab.

If you only want it to trigger after the original "free bet" on the fav has been placed and closed then use the conditions

"Number of place bets triggers condtion"
On "Selection"
is "Equal" to 2

"Number of unmatched bets condition"
On "Selection"
is "equal" to 0
markstuartgreen

Hi Dallas

I tried to import this rule into Bet Angel for Betdaq and it gave an error saying it was for a different version. I assume the rule is for Bet Angel for Betfair?

Then I tried to create the rule.
I can get the back bet placed on the favourite a few seconds before the start and an offset Lay bet 20 ticks below the back bet. When the race turns in-Play the Lay bet is cancelled.

How do I keep the Lay bet when the race turns in-Play
or do you have the same rule for Betdaq.

thanks in advance

Mark
Dallas

The rule was made for Betfair and although many but not all of them can be replicated in Betdaq its not possible to do this one in exactly the same way because there is no option to "Keep Bets" for Betdaq.

Its not really a required part of the rule and was only included as an example to demonstrate to people how to use that particular feature.
So if you change the arm time for the back bet as detailed below it will eliminate the need to use "Keep Bets"

Relative to in-play time
arm at 00:00:01
till 00:00:10

The rest of the rule will work the same.
markstuartgreen

Thanks Dallas
I will give that a try tomorrow afternoon

Mark
foxwood

On the Betdaq version Settings | Behaviour tab there is an option you can select "Leave unmatched bets in the market when the market suspends or turns in-play"

This will keep ALL bets either in-play or across a suspension. Setting this affects all bets placed whether on the BA one-click/ladder/etc screens, automation (and also Excel if I remember right?!)

There is no option to tailor this for individual bets.

There are also options on the same tab as to how to deal with withdrawals as a common policy.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”