Excel Trading Analysis

Rafick385

Hi,

I'm testing a rule and would like to know how to use this together with the Bet Angel P&L spreadsheet. I'm not good at spreadsheets and I have never been able to get something readable from Bet Angel's spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Rafick
Rafick385

Nobody replied but I've been able to sort it out. Thanks.
andyfuller

Does anyone know if this would work with Betdaq's P&L's?

Also (more importantly) where do you download the latest version - I have read through the whole thread and can't seem to figure it out :?

Or is there a different thread where an analysis spreadsheet is available?

TIA.
deanbond07

I know this was back in 2009, but I just downloaded and amended the directories in the Macro and it works perfectly - brilliant...thank you :)
gstar1975

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm
Please see attached..
Is there any instructions on how to use this spreadsheet? How do I link it to my Betfair account results?
jaipal2004

Hi

how easy would this be to adapt to football markets? Can it be used as it is for somethingother than horse racing?

thanks
nigelk

Wouldn't work for the football as the markets are completely different, overs, unders, etc etc, however, given enough market info it would be possible to create one.

Cheers,Nigel.
spreadbetting

jaipal2004 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Hi

how easy would this be to adapt to football markets? Can it be used as it is for somethingother than horse racing?

thanks

I did a rough and ready tweak of the spreadsheet so it would run for AUS markets, greyhounds , football etc a while back, copy is on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14488&p=146639&hil ... et#p146224
jaipal2004

thanks both :D
gstar1975

nigelk wrote:
Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm
All,

I've made a spreadsheet that can be used in conjunction with the spreadsheet that can be downloaded from Betfair that lists your trades over a period of time.

It gives the total races you have traded and the overall profit/loss figure

It also lists details of your trades by course/racetype/distance and gives the profit/loss figure against each one.

You can also double click on a track/race type/distance to get further details.

On the sheet attached, you can see that at Bangor, I traded 5 races, double clicking brings up more details (under the blue header), that lists all 5 trades, their distances, race types and profit loss.

You can do the same with the race type and distances.

Ticking one of the boxes at the top will also sort
by profit/loss and number of trades

It will work on Excel 2000/2003

However, you do need to change the pathway to tell it where the Betfair spreadsheet is.

Press alt/f11 scroll down a little bit down you should see:

'***************************************************************

'COPY DATA FROM DOWNLOADED BETFAIR SPREADSHEET

ChDir "C:\Users\nigel\Desktop"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\nigel\Desktop\BettingPandL.xls"

As long as you save the Betfair spreadsheet to the desktop and don't rename it, all you should have to change is the user name.

Once you have done that, just press the "update" button.

Sheets 1 and 4 are hidden, purely for cosmetic purposes. However, deleting/moving columns will have a detrimental effect as I have not included any error checking routines.

It does contain macros, so don't be alarmed about the warning that pops up when you first open it.

Any problems, please get back to me.

Nigel
Which spreadsheet from betfair do you mean? Betting History/Betting Profit Loss/ or a different one. Also would you be able to make a spreadsheet that works in Open Office please :)
spreadbetting

He's talking about the Betting profit and loss sheet that gives the market pnl not the betting history that show all individual bets. BettingPandL.xls from https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/profitandloss

He'd have to re-write the sheet completely for it to be used in open office as the VBA wouldn't work so probably ot really a viable option for the work invovled for something one or two people would use.
Black Ice

Can anyone tell me please: Has this spreadsheet been updated so that it will work in Excel 2010? Thanks
spreadbetting

I was using the tweaked version here download/file.php?id=8922 in excel 2010 and had no problems
Black Ice

Very many thanks spreadbetting...it seems to have downloaded ok..I just have to learn now how to attach it to BF P&L,,,expect i can learn from the BA Guide? Thanks again! :)
mcgoo

Very cool Nigel.Thank you. I can merge all sorts of interesting stuff into this.Cheers mate :ugeek:

Return to “Trade analysis & record keeping”