Recording market odds and traded volumes spreadsheet - capturing data

tb_smoelf

nigelk wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am
Press debug and it'll show you the line thats causing the error. Just a guess but from the pic it looks like you've got the name of the match in A1, but that should be linked to the tickbox and only show TRUE/FALSE
Hi.
It shows this. Anything I can do?
Best, Tim
BetAngel_record_datav2 Support Debug.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelk

A1 should only show TRUE/FALSE, clear whatever you've got in there now. When you check the tickbox A1 should change to show either TRUE/FALSE, not the name of a team/tennis match etc.
tb_smoelf

nigelk wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am
A1 should only show TRUE/FALSE, clear whatever you've got in there now. When you check the tickbox A1 should change to show either TRUE/FALSE, not the name of a team/tennis match etc.
Hi.
Seems to work now. Thanks for taking the time.
Have a nice day.
Best
tb_smoelf

nigelk wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am
Press debug and it'll show you the line thats causing the error. Just a guess but from the pic it looks like you've got the name of the match in A1, but that should be linked to the tickbox and only show TRUE/FALSE
Hi again.
I have some troble with this sheet. When I press "Connect" and select "Data" in the "Excel Sheet" tab in guardian, the sheet show the error.
The match name ends up in cell B1.
Can you see from the pic. of the debug screan what dto do?

Best, Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

This is just what I wanted but … I'm having trouble with it :( I cannot change the Interval setting if the worksheet is connected to a market maybe because whatever the value I have in cell G1 of the Data sheet the data is recording at 2 lines per second and every time a new line of prices is created it 'closes' the editing of G1. :( Here is a pic of the Interval preset to 60 seconds before linking the worksheet but with the Countdown column showing 2 price lines per second. Help please, it's like an unstoppable monster! :shock:

IXL Data Capture Multi Market screengrab.JPG
firlandsfarm

OK I'll give that a try, thanks Callum. I can't actually say if there is a correlation between when I change something and Connected/Not Connected because I often forget to change things before Connecting so it could be both or either! But if I do want to change something then I should disconnect, make the change, re-save the spreadsheet and then re-Connect … yes? :)

I also sometimes get a VBA error …

DataCaptureVBError01.JPG
DataCaptureVBError02.JPG

After these errors the only way to close the spreadsheet is to use Task Manager. To get these screen pics I set everything up as suggested before Connecting the spreadsheet. I Connected the spreadsheet in Guardian and then selected the Data sheet for the event. All was OK until I clicked the tab in the spreadsheet to switch the sheet view from Data to BetAngel (or it could have been the other way around). Anyway, I then get the error message and on selecting Debug I always get the same line indicated. (If I select End in the error message the message box just keeps repeating.)
gstar1975

Is it possible to add my custom columns that I have added to the one click screen to also display these in Excel?
bebenmmv

wonderful, ths! :D
gubbinator500

Chaning the time interval does not seem to have an effect for me. The data always updates with the BA refresh rate. Any ideas how to fix this? I tried using the spreadhseet with BetDAQ, but it should not make a difference.
humanoid769

hi

Is there a way to capture the BSP in this sheet?

Thanks
vhdgkl

How can I record this data for multiple markets at once? I'd like to record 5-6 per day....
i'm mainly interested in live soccer,1 market per day is a bit short.
humanoid769

assign a file to each market you want to record
Michael5482

I downloaded the file the other day and noticed the original file was posted in 2010! I now have it running successfully on the greyhound markets. VBA etc is currently outside my skillset so really appreciate the technical information/files more expirienced people offer on the forum
Erodionovv

Absolutely agree with you Michael5482. The technical resources shared in this forum are incredibly valuable.

Speaking of recording data from different markets, one approach that has worked well for me personally is using API that can automatically fetch real-time odds and other market data. I've used the Betfair odds API a few times to retrieve data from different sports events.

It can be quite helpful to get real-time updates and past stats, which can be crucial for making informed bets. Just sharing if you find it useful in your greyhound markets or future betting data needs.

Return to “Betfair Data”