Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is mainly for use on pre-off racing markets but could be used on most other pre-off markets.

The purpose of the servant is to perform a ‘Trap Trade’, the concept is that you instruct the servant to place the opening bet at the price of your choice (for a Trap Trade this would be a price where there is little money already waiting in comparison to other prices), then as the odd move towards that price and touch the servant will place an opposing bet 1 tick away which should ensure you have front position on both bets.

The servant uses Context selection, stake and price. This means it places the opening bet on whichever selection and at whatever price you have your mouse cursor pointing at when you start it, it will also use the stake you currently have chosen for that selection.

Once the prices touch one of two things will happen, either an opposing bet will be placed using the same servant context stake, this will happen if there is less than £100 waiting when the prices touch, or if more than £100 is waiting then the opening bet is cancelled and the offset bet is not placed.
You can then start the servant again and repeat the process - if you chose to start the servant again at a new price you'll need to manually cancel the previous unmatched bet

Ladder 2a.JPG

There are two servants to download at the bottom of this post, one for placing an opening back bet the other for placing an opening lay bet.

You can also view this servant in a live market the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hm2PpuoXDU

How they Work

When you start the servant that places a back bet it will store the value of the odds minus 1 with the name ‘entry’ (in the image above it would store a price of 3.35).
The lay bet rules then uses a Stored value condition to test the if the ‘back price’ is equal to the stored value named ‘entry’ (ie, the back price must be 3.35 to satisfy this condition).
The second stored value condition tests that there is less than £100 at the back price
The third condition tests that there is still a back bet waiting to be matched
The final lay bet condition tests there has been no signal called ‘nolay’ set
When the lay bet triggers it will also set a signal on the selection named ‘nocancel’

The cancel bets rule has a similar first two conditions as the lay bet rule except on its second condition it test that the money waiting is greater than £100 at the back price
The cancel rules third condition tests that a signal named ‘nocancel’ has been set
When the cancel bet triggers, it will also set a signal on the selection named ‘nolay’

The signals set and tested by each of the lay and cancel rules ensures only one triggers, so when the prices touch depending on whether the money waiting is less or greater than £100 will depend on which of these two rules triggers, whichever one does sets a signal which prevents the other from triggering.

The final rule of the servant is actually the one that triggers first each time the servant is started, this stops all previous servants on that selection and clears any signals, this allows you to re-use the servant over and over including on the same selection without fear of any conflicts with a previous one.

The Servant that opens with a lay bet works in an identical way to the above except in reverse.

Downloading & Using the Servants

To use these servants just click on the ASC Trap Trade Opening Back Bet and ASC Trap Trade Opening Lay.Baf attachment links below and this will download them to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To change the amount waiting from the default £100 it currently uses first select the ‘Lay bet rule’ and on the conditions, tab select the second Stored Value condition in the left window and change the figure at the bottom of the main window to whatever you want it to be less than

Adjust SV Lay Bet Rule.JPG

Then select the ‘Cancel bet rule’ and on the conditions, tab select the second Stored Value condition again and change the figure at the bottom of the main window to the same value as you used above

Adjust SV Cancel Bet Rule.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas,
Will try this out today
Julian
BetScalper

Awesome Dallas. 👍
Dallas

No probs, hope I got the concept right and it's doing as you were expecting?
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm
No probs, hope I got the concept right and it's doing as you were expecting?
Yes from me. 👍
wearthefoxhat

Dallas...Good work (as per)!
teambulldog

Dallas,thanks for doing the back and lay trap servants ,,, love them and are how i trade manual...
Can you help please as i like to put one or two back traps and one or two lay traps in the market when i trade but would like to have at least one back and one lay trap with the servants, But they cancel out if i try to put one of each on the same selection ??
Thanks again
Julian
Dallas

teambulldog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Dallas,thanks for doing the back and lay trap servants ,,, love them and are how i trade manual...
Can you help please as i like to put one or two back traps and one or two lay traps in the market when i trade but would like to have at least one back and one lay trap with the servants, But they cancel out if i try to put one of each on the same selection ??
Thanks again
Julian
Off the top of my head, the first rule that cancels other servants would need to be removed

Then the clear signals that are on that rule would need transferring to the opening bet rule of each servant but it would need to be changed to clear just one named signal ie 'nolay'
You'de then need to add a set/modify rule to clear the ''no cancel' signal
and add a set signal condition
the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

You'd then need to do that for the lay servant but you'd also need to change all the signal names used throughout that servant so that they don't conflict with the back bet servant
BetScalper

Hi Dallas,

Been running this on the dogs (Favourite) after i changed the £100 to £10 for races with market volume > £5000 at 2 mins to post.

Early days but great results so far. :)

Many thanks,

Mark
teambulldog

Thanks for the help dallas ,, Glad your getting on good with it mark..
Thanks
Julian
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 pm
Hi Dallas,

Been running this on the dogs (Favourite) after i changed the £100 to £10 for races with market volume > £5000 at 2 mins to post.

Early days but great results so far. :)

Many thanks,

Mark

Good stuff
mbul5ara

Hi Dallas,
Thank you so much for this.

I also wanted to combine the two servants so have the back and lay servants running simultaneously on one selection, but I didn't understand how to modify them, I get that you have to remove the first rule, but didn't know how to do the rest, would you be able to elaborate please,
Many thanks
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Thanks again
Julian
Off the top of my head, the first rule that cancels other servants would need to be removed

Then the clear signals that are on that rule would need transferring to the opening bet rule of each servant but it would need to be changed to clear just one named signal ie 'nolay'
the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

You'd then need to do that for the lay servant but you'd also need to change all the signal names used throughout that servant so that they don't conflict with the back bet servant
Dallas

mbul5ara wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thank you so much for this.

I also wanted to combine the two servants so have the back and lay servants running simultaneously on one selection, but I didn't understand how to modify them, I get that you have to remove the first rule, but didn't know how to do the rest, would you be able to elaborate please,
Many thanks
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Thanks again
Julian

the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

If you could be a bit more specific of which parts your still struggling with I'll try and clarify
sniffer66

Wanted to add my thanks in for this one as well Dallas. I usually just trade manually, including using trap trades - back and lay at the same time.
The problem is running manually it's hard to manage more than one runner, I often miss hitting the opposing trade when things get busy.

But this gave me the bare bones to set up using automation on multiple runners.
I've managed to extend this to a re-arming single servant that's posting both the trap lay & back trades and firing in the opposing trade. Once both trap & opposing trade are taken it then fires in a new trap back or lay, x ticks off the best price (based on money waiting, to get to the front of the queue).
Had to build in some additional logic to deal with spikes that take the initial trap before the cancel can kick in or place the opposing trade though.

Had some fun with the signal resets, and keeping signals discreet per runner but got there in the end.
I assume the only way to cancel more than one specific signal on the initial trap trade is to copy the trap back\lay rule, retaining the same trigger conditions but change that to a Set\Modify a Signal rule only ? Then do that for each unique signal you want to clear ? Thats how I've done it.
Would be great if we could set the values of more than one signal in a single rule. But not sure how feasible that is or would have enough other uses to make that viable.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”