Defensive Scalping with Scratch & Exit Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is for use on almost any pre-off market, although it has been setup to suit larger volume markets like Cheltenham.

The purpose of the servant is to scalp the market defensively for 1 tick profits.

Once started it will place a back and lay bet at the best reverse prices, the hope is of course to get both sides matched and scalp a 1 tick profit, but if one side gets matched and the waiting money drops to less than £2500 another bet will trigger and the trade will be scratched (closed for zero loss).
If one side is matched as the price moves against you it will close the trade for a 1 tick loss.

It uses ‘Selection Context and Stake Context’ The servant uses rules that are applied to ‘Servant Context Selection’. This means it will monitor and trigger bets on the selection you have your mouse cursor hovering over at when you start it (you can run it on as many selections as you want at the same time). It also uses ‘Servant Context Stake’ so will place whatever the pre-set stake you have for that selection when you start it.
Once its close a trade you can re-start it and the whole process again.

When you first look at how its configured in the rules editor it may look complicated but it’s actually straight forward, you’ll see I’ve inserted a few rules named -----------separate------------ these do nothing except separate the different tasks the rules within the file do to help keep the file looking tidier.

There are 4 rules needed for the backing side and 4 identical rules but with reversed settings for the lay side, it then has a cancel all rule at the bottom to mop up any stray unmatched bets. There is also 3 rules at the top which trigger instantly when started to stop previous servants and clear signals etc so there is no possibility of conflicts if the servant used over and over.

How it Works

As I’ve just mentioned the first three rules just reset everything so that there are no conflicts from when it was last used on the same selection, the names of each rule are fairly self-explanatory.

Next is a back bet rule which places a back bet at the reverse price, when it triggers it will also store the value of the reverse price with a stored value named ‘layodds’

The next rule called ‘Scratch if Waiting Money is less than £2500’, places a lay bet using the ‘net’ stake as its staking value (so will place whatever sized bet is required to exit at £0), this also has a ‘Relative Odds Condition’ to test there are no gaps between the back and lay price and a Stored Value condition to test the money waiting at the best price is less than £2500.

When this rule and any of the other Scratch/close rules trigger they also set a signal call ‘stop’ on the selection. They each also have a ‘ Set Signal Condition’ to test the signal named ‘stop’ is NOT set with a value (this means only 1 of the 4 exit rules within the file can trigger depending on what happens in the market, this signal and condition will prevent the others from triggering after its been set).

The next rule called ‘Close if Back bet taken and & price moved’ has similar conditions to the previous rule but importantly it has a ‘Stored Value Condition’, to test if the current lay price is greater than the stored value named ‘layodds’ (which was set by the opening back bet rule).

Finally there is a ‘Cancel bets if price moves’, this will trigger immediately after the rule above triggers, as the name suggests it will cancel the unmatched bets at the stored value price ‘named layodds’, put simply it will only cancel the remaining unmatched opening bet.

And that’s it, there is then another set of rules identical to those above but in reverse for the lay bet and it’s accompanying rules.

Downloading & Using the Servants

To use this servant just click on the ASC Defensive Scalping with Scratch & Exit.Baf attachment links below and this will download them to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tip

To change the amount of money waiting before a trade is scratched open the 'Scratch if' rules, and go to the Conditions tab and the 'Money waiting condition'. At the bottom change the value to whatever you require

Stored Value Cond.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

Awesome stuff Dallas, many thanks.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas
I like this alot
Julian
Diacritical Quark

You're making this far too easy Dallas :lol:
murdok

very interesting this file could you do something similar to this for greyhounds ?
Archery1969

murdok wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm
very interesting this file could you do something similar to this for greyhounds ?
I highly doubt this file is going to work on Greyhounds due to lack of liquidity and gaps in the odds.
waywyrd

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to place the lay trade first, because you expect price to drift up, you just reverse the back settings?

Many thanks Dallas for all your 'templates', because definitely easier to work out modifying a rule for personal use than trying to do it from 'scratch'.

Waywyrd.
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to place the lay trade first, because you expect price to drift up, you just reverse the back settings?

Many thanks Dallas for all your 'templates', because definitely easier to work out modifying a rule for personal use than trying to do it from 'scratch'.

Waywyrd.
On this particular servant you would need to delete the four back bet related rules.

Then on the 'lay at reverse price' rule go onto the 'Parameters' tab and in the Global Settings area use;
'Offset Bet' 1 Tick
enable Fill/kill and set to 999secs

PS, glad to hear you've found the examples helpful
whimsies

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for all the work you put in, but struggling with this servant as when the money is taken and moves away the trade is not scratched, Am I missing something?

cheers
Dallas

whimsies wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:07 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for all the work you put in, but struggling with this servant as when the money is taken and moves away the trade is not scratched, Am I missing something?

cheers
The aim of this Servant is to scratch the trade if one side is matched and the money waiting then drops below an amount before the other side is matched (ie, the price hasn't moved), but if it does go against you then it will look to exit the trade rather than scratch.
whimsies

Sorry Dallas meant to says it's no exiting the trade.
Dallas

whimsies wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 pm
Sorry Dallas meant to says it's no exiting the trade.
What type of markets are you running it on?
As it was originally made for higher volume markets so one of the four conditions of the exit trade is there are no gaps between the back/lay price

If that's been possible you could take that condition out it won't really effect anything else
If there are no gaps when the price goes against you then the next one to check is the SV condition is being satisfied.
If you have a look at the log you should see if that stored value is being set by the opening bets still (your looking for a stored value named 'backodds' or 'layodds' being present)

Let me know if you can see both of those being satisfied to begin with
whimsies

Hi Dallas,

I was running on the leeds vs Leicester game, I am getting a idea whats going on and causing me the problems and I think it is the gap between prices when all the money is taken. will video the servant tomorrow so I can replay and look. yes both backodds and layoddds had values.

Will keep you updated how I get on

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”