Whats the Problem with Liverpool?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

Just been looking at some footie stuff recently and something jumped out at me, of the top 5 PL teams excluding Liverpool (Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal & Man City) have so far lost a combined total of 16 games this season, of which only 2 of those 16 losses have been to clubs outside the top 7.

Arsenal Lost to Watford and Man City lost to Leicester.

Then you have Liverpool who have so far lost 4 games this season – what’s interesting is that ALL 4 games they have lost have been to clubs placed 12th or below!

I’ve noticed in past seasons similar patterns with Liverpool seeming to lose far more to lesser clubs than they do against those higher up in the league just never could explain the reason/s why.… nor have I ever checked to see if any of the other top teams concede more losses to lesser sides even though it’s clear they haven’t done so this season.

So I'de thought i'de see if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on why they think this might be the case??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonnyg

Liverpool last 31 league game in the PL when odds on before the game started > won only 17/31

I could bore the pants off you and discuss expected goal totals > the basic answer is that Liverpool are the most over rated team in the last few seasons > anyone backing them on the asian handicap has been spanked > why do pros back Liverpool ??
ruthlessimon

it's an interesting one. until yesterday, liverhampton hadn't won a game in 2017, so i wouldn't say it's just a problem with the lower sides.

i think most teams fear the 'gegen-press', so to combat it they sit deep, keep it tight, hit em on the counter - the burnley & swansea games spring to mind. also mignolet & karius have been in poor form all season, throwing away points, most notably against bournemouth.

Return to “Football trading”