Chelsea dumped out of CL

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Squirtle

How bizarre was that?

Not a Chelsea fan at all, but can't believe they did not get a penalty. The commentator was right when he said it didn't seem appropiate that a ref from a more minor league was in charge of such an important game. Chelsea should have scored again though, with their only goal coming so early.

I can see why Chelsea fan's feel so hard done by.

Squirtle

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fi ... rt=st.html

Looks like Barca had most of the play though. Didn't realise that.
andyfuller

Don't forget Barca should have had a Peno in the first leg which would have changed everything.

Also, I feel no sympathy for Drogba, he and the rest of the Chelsea team have cried wolf just to many times. I think it is a disgrace how easy players go down, it is not surprising that sometimes when they should get a peno they don't.

Also don't forget that Barca should not have had a player sent off!

And finally the way the Chelsea team conduct themselves is a disgrace. Using the F word on a broadcast is shocking from someone supposed to be a role model.

Chelsea in neither game tried to play football they just defended all the time.

The best team went through - end off!
Matt

Squirtle wrote:http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fi ... rt=st.html

Looks like Barca had most of the play though. Didn't realise that.
I thought Chelsea were excellent and showed others how you should stop a team like Barcelona, they were happy to let them have as much of the ball as they wanted in their own half but made it nearly impossible for them to create anything in the final 3rd, I watch Spanish football regular and I can't remember seeing Eto'o and Messi as quiet as they were yesterday.

Most games have a penalty claim that they don't get but for a team to have four in one game is unusual and I can see why they feel aggrieved about it.

It should make for an interesting final now.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

For anybody that missed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnDM4rFr1M
TraderGray

andyfuller wrote:
Also, I feel no sympathy for Drogba, he and the rest of the Chelsea team have cried wolf just to many times. I think it is a disgrace how easy players go down, it is not surprising that sometimes when they should get a peno they don't.

The best team went through - end off!
I have to agree. I've been a Chelsea supporter for some 35 years and Drogba's antics since his arrival are often just plain embarrassing.
drifter

I just think that it is difficult to control your emotions when it means so much to win. As a player I know it is very difficult to just accept what has happened if you think you have been wronged. It is very easy to say that you should just accept it but if you really care then not so easy.

Glad Barca are in the final now I have someone to cheer :) .

Here is a link to the end of the game with appropriate music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUziCx1mHxQ
jimrobo

I don't think it is difficult to control your emotions. The fact is the players do it becfause they can get away with it!

I noted in the semi final of the heineken cup last weekend one of the teams players was penalised, and subsequently had 3 points scored against them from it, for saying come on ref after he called offside from a kick off. The antics that some professional footballers get away with is ridiculous and its got nothing to do with their emotions its just because they know they can get away with it.
drifter

I also noticed a big scuffle at the start of the Leinster v Munster game. Now if that had been football we would have been hearing about it for weeks. However it was rugby and that sort of thing is ok as well as stamping on an opponents head or trying to gouge out an eye.
andyfuller

Each sport should be learning from each other. In Rugby to my knowledge only the Captain is allowed to talk to the Ref and that is accepted by the players. Something similar perhaps could be introduced in football.

As they showed on the news Frank Lampard maintained his emotions and shook hands with the other team at the end. It can mean a lot to you but you should still be able to control your emotions. Easier said than done I agree but these are not Sunday league players these are players at the top of their profession and are paid top wages and in return you expect a level of professionalism or at least it should be expected.

Those images did no one any good, least not Drogba, Chelsea, English football or the champions league and most importantly young kids who look up to the likes of Drogba and take their lead from the like of him.

If a player on my team did what Ballack did he would have been substituted immediately and would be not playing for the club for the rest of the season and would be dropped to the 2nd team on his return. Also I would be surprised if he was not fined by the league and hit with a ban from the league.
jimrobo

drifter wrote:I also noticed a big scuffle at the start of the Leinster v Munster game. Now if that had been football we would have been hearing about it for weeks. However it was rugby and that sort of thing is ok as well as stamping on an opponents head or trying to gouge out an eye.
very true!

And very rightly the incident was cited and the guilty party could potentially get banned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ntact.html

I am unsure whether this process happens in football but citings in rugby are fairly common.

Stamping on someones head is definately not ok and you will get red carded for it or cited.
jimrobo

he'll get a fine that will be nothing to him

Return to “Football trading”