Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 pm
Apologies Kai if you are Croatian and are offended, but Lovren frustrates me so much because he's clearly a very talented footballer.
No worries, I actually agree with you, Croatians are just the worst :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm often as disappointed with Lovren as you are, I just don't like his nervous body language in general, makes him do all kinds of rash and stupid challenges and mistakes, the complete opposite of Van Dijk. You remember what Sakho was like, if you keep relying on last-ditch challenges you're bound to make mistakes, there are smarter ways to read the play and to defend.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 pm
Apologies Kai if you are Croatian and are offended, but Lovren frustrates me so much because he's clearly a very talented footballer.
No worries, I actually agree with you, Croatians are just the worst :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm often as disappointed with Lovren as you are, I just don't like his nervous body language in general, makes him do all kinds of rash and stupid challenges and mistakes, the complete opposite of Van Dijk. You remember what Sakho was like, if you keep relying on last-ditch challenges you're bound to make mistakes, there are smarter ways to read the play and to defend.
Got a horrible feeling you're taking the mick out of me.
But I honestly feel Lovren could be such a great defender.
Van Dijk could (should) have conceded a penalty tonight, but I'd accept that indiscretion for his performance overall. Anyway, I liked Sakho and Sissoko, but Lovren stands out, a bit like Moreno. They don't follow the team personality, if that makes any sense.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 am
I genuinely loled at that, hope you don't have too much trouble telling when I'm being serious :)

I was being serious about Lovren, great defender but too rash in his challenges and decision-making, his concentration levels in general are subpar as well which leads to at least one big mistake in most matches. I still prefer him over Sakho who was often just a bundle of nervous energy, maybe you don't remember his crazy dribblings out of defense where his feet would completely tangle up, he was like a baby giraffe at times. Passionate defender and the fans loved him for that, but maybe he thought that gave him the right to be unprofessional and disrespectful off the pitch, which Klopp put a stop to by ruthlessly freezing him out of the squad and holding out for a great selling price, thus making an example out of him to strengthen the rest of the squad.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:45 am
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 am
I genuinely loled at that, hope you don't have too much trouble telling when I'm being serious :)

I was being serious about Lovren, great defender but too rash in his challenges and decision-making, his concentration levels in general are subpar as well which leads to at least one big mistake in most matches. I still prefer him over Sakho who was often just a bundle of nervous energy, maybe you don't remember his crazy dribblings out of defense where his feet would completely tangle up, he was like a baby giraffe at times. Passionate defender and the fans loved him for that, but maybe he thought that gave him the right to be unprofessional and disrespectful off the pitch, which Klopp put a stop to by ruthlessly freezing him out of the squad and holding out for a great selling price, thus making an example out of him to strengthen the rest of the squad.
Glad about that, just my paranoia kicking in :-).
We've had some 'interesting'defenders over the last few years. Skirtel, Moreno and Jose Enrique. I liked Enrique but he didn't buy in to Rodgers' two-touch, no risk-taking except in the final third. Skirtel was brave, but erratic unless he had Carragher yelling in his ear and I don't have a polite description for Moreno.
LeTiss

Marco Silva sacked

Everton currently in bottom 3, and still available at 8.60 for relegation
Euler

Arsenal may join them at this rate!
greenmark

Arsenal 10th, Everton 18th. Totally bonkers!
greenmark

Kafkaesque was right. Sheff U v NUFC.
Linesman flags offside against NUFC, Sheff U keeper spots it and doesn't defend the shot. Shelvey puts the ball in the net.
VAR then over-rules the linesman's offside decision.
Result : goal.
Players need to take this on board and play beyond the whistle.
It's a complete mess.
snnetteC

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 pm
Looks like FA are going to offer the England job to Southgate till 2020. Four more years of hurt!

Four more years of pain!
Naffman

Think Silva is decent - Everton recruitment has been shocking
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 pm
Kafkaesque was right. Sheff U v NUFC.
Linesman flags offside against NUFC, Sheff U keeper spots it and doesn't defend the shot. Shelvey puts the ball in the net.
VAR then over-rules the linesman's offside decision.
Result : goal.
Players need to take this on board and play beyond the whistle.
It's a complete mess.
Did the whistle go or did they just react to the flag going up? If the latter, rookie mistake.

However, this could even lend credence to VAR eventually replacing the linesman altogether.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 pm
Arsenal may join them at this rate!
Anyone see that goal going in?

Bright.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Chelsea can now sign players in January after having their FIFA transfer ban halved.
jamesg46

Is anyone else starting to look for a possible downturn in Liverpool's results? They are outdoing their created xG & conceded xG, I know it's only a guide but i'm finding it rather hard to go against a draw tomorrow... interested in your guys wisdom?
wearthefoxhat

Did anyone see that game turnaround?

Screenshot_2019-12-07 Football LiveScore - SofaScore.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”